Cali Kid Corals

09/10 Member only frag swap

Attending?

• Total voters
Additionally, for everyone here (particularly the new reefers/new members who may need to upgrade their lights), I'll have a Hydra 26 + arm to give away at the swap. This will not be on the freebies table. If you're interested, let me know; all I ask is that, if you take this, it should be to use. When you're done, please don't sell it - pass it on to someone who needs it.

EDITING TO NOTE: This was claimed and has been given to the recipient already. I apologize if I haven't gotten back to you if you messaged me.

Last edited:
Additionally, for everyone here (particularly the new reefers/new members who may need to upgrade their lights), I'll have a Hydra 26 + arm to give away at the swap. This will not be on the freebies table. If you're interested, let me know; all I ask is that, if you take this, it should be to use. When you're done, please don't sell it - pass it on to someone who needs it.
If someone hasn’t claimed the lights you are offering I’d love to use them in my 80 gallon…upgrade.

I had forgotten this is today so haven't signed up yet. I didn't plan ahead so i don't have a clear container big enough for my rose BTA so if I come I probably won't bring anything to swap. Is there space for 1 or 2 more (would it be allowed for me to bring my 9yr old son or is it 18+ only?)

I had forgotten this is today so haven't signed up yet. I didn't plan ahead so i don't have a clear container big enough for my rose BTA so if I come I probably won't bring anything to swap. Is there space for 1 or 2 more (would it be allowed for me to bring my 9yr old son or is it 18+ only?)
Family is welcome.
Bring BTA or frags if you can, I’m bringing extra deli containers you can move them to. Otherwise can swap on round 3.

I started collecting some items for the freebies table. The auto feeder is brand new but briefly dropped into the water (don't ask :)). It still seemed to work fine, but I did not want to take a chance.

Attachments

• IMG_6073.jpeg
    IMG_6073.jpeg
    109.7 KB · Views: 71
Reactions: JVU
If this doesn't find a home, I have a tank that needs a light.

The DBTC table was also a big success again this time! As a reminder, the members who offered the corals need to do the update in BARCode. You select the coral, click the “More” down arrow, scroll over the the hand with a heart over it (giving love), then say who you gave it to. See screenshot:
1694392845051.png

This is the final listing of who took what. The givers need to do the updates, not the receivers. You can give in BARCode even if the person didn’t previously request it. If it isn’t clear, just ask.

1694392960303.jpeg

For a final head count, we had fifty total members swapping coral (and that's not including all the +1s and family!). Thank you everyone for coming out, and we had a blast.

And, while a lot of this was purchased from Danh (thephoreefer), I still came away with some very nice pieces I'm looking forward to putting in our DT.

PXL_20230911_025558394.jpg
PXL_20230911_025544957.jpg

Thanks for all the hard work. Everyone was super welcoming and answered all my stupid questions. What a great event!
There is no such thing as a stupid question if it's asked honestly and with the desire to learn. :) Everyone in this hobby started from scratch, and half the fun of getting experience is being able to go, "Oh yeah, don't do that. How do I know? I tried it, and...don't do that."

Back