High Tide Aquatics

'09 Schedule

Are the late two meeting dates set at November 12th and December 14th? Just asking due to the tight retail season ahead for me. Jeremy also mentioned the December meeting is a pot luck. Yes?

yardartist said:
Are the late two meeting dates set at November 12th and December 14th? Just asking due to the tight retail season ahead for me. Jeremy also mentioned the December meeting is a pot luck. Yes?

November 14th- BOD meeting

December 12th- Rich Ross Coral and fish collection in Tonga

(Nov 14th and Dec 12th) Pretty sure those days are set and nothing wonky happening. December traditionally is a pot luck. Had a jolly ol time last year :)

Those days are accurate, and yes, we will be having a pot luck. I might even show up with a salt bucket full of seafood stew, that is if Rich promises to do a bang up job speaking :D

tuberider said:
Please do, and ask some very complicated questions relative to "ethics".
Make sure one of those ethics questions is about the ethical treatment of animals by placing them upon your head for photographic amusement :)

Well I believe I heard Rich tell the story as to why at one of the other talks he did on the whole Tonga thing... BAYMAC 1 I think. I just was poking fun at the ethics bit :D

sfsuphysics said:
Well I believe I heard Rich tell the story as to why at one of the other talks he did on the whole Tonga thing... BAYMAC 1 I think. I just was poking fun at the ethics bit :D

I would not stop teaching, comedy isn't your gig it appears :lol:

before this goes any more... Rich tried to show the divers the octopus was not something to fear by placing it on his head. The divers had all ready beat it senseless IIRC.

Well such is the fate of any "joke" (i.e. me not being terribly serious) when one has to explain it... but yeah I don't plan on going into the comedy biz.. too brutal.

But yeah that's the story I recall hearing, I seem to remember it goes a bit further with Rich forgetting/neglecting the beak on the octopus, even though it didn't do anything to him.... that we know!!! (didn't the octo tattoo come after that? :D)

sfsuphysics said:
but yeah I don't plan on going into the comedy biz.. too brutal.

Me neither. It is fun to hear Rich's comedy (professional) stories though :) At least then I get a taste of what that like must be like :lol:

Back