Cali Kid Corals

2012 BAR Breeding and Propagation Workshop help thread

houser

Past President
We know you're coming, so it's time to solicit some assistance for event tasks! Many hands make light work.

We have several shifts:

Friday pre-setup 7PM-8PM (5 people)
Unload car with demo/prop tanks, transfer water into and set up prop demo tanks and get them running. This will involve some lifting.
Free pizza
1. Apon

Setup 8:30-finished (5 people)
Unload cars, Prepare table and chair arrangements for speaker/demo hall, assist with tables for display tanks, put out signboards/banner, move some water potentially, lay out raffle prizes. May involve some lifting. This starts early, so free coffee and donuts
1. denzil
2. goldielocke76
3. bondolo

Registration/door 10:00-11:15 (3 people)
Stuff event bags, handing out those bags upon check-in, keeping count of participants.
1. rtom

BAR table
(2 people per shift
)
Sell raffle tickets, sell shirts, distribute literature. Answer questions.

10:15-11:15
1. bondolo

11:15-12:15 (overwatch while Tal's talk)
1. rtom

12:15-1
1. FeliciaLynn - Alternately can fill 11:15-12:15

1-2 (overwatch while Rich's demo)

2-3

Floating

Piper - Floater for any time slot not occupied

Raffle Helpers
, 2:00-3:00 (FULL - 3 people
)
Volunteers needed to pick and read numbers, distribute prizes.
1. FeliciaLynn
2. denzil
3. goldielocke76

Cleanup 3:00-????
(7 people
)
Pack fragged animals, teardown of prop demo tanks, dumping water, load cars, put tables and chairs in order, general clean up.
1. Piper

We thank you in advance for your help and participation!

I can help with BAR Table (any shift/shifts) and Cleanup. I'll try to get there early enough to help stuff bags too.

~Charlie

Coral reefer said:
Friday night for me. Raffle and or cleanup on sat.

Mike, since you're a board member it's a given you'll be there. ;) If you need a place to crash in the East Bay on Friday night we've got a guest bed. :bigsmile:

Brandie and I can help with the morning setup. I'm not entirely sure how early she's willing to head up there but I'm down for whatever.

Thanks for updating this thread I've been a little out of the loop.

Still looking for assistance from you all. We know you'll be there, and appreciate your declaration of support prior to the event!

If you need more help, I can take one of the shifts at the BAR table on top of helping with the raffle. I can either do the 11:15-12:15 or the 12:15-1:00 shift.

bondolo said:
I am coming in late to this thread because I didn't expect to be attending.

What help is most needed?

Mike

Mike, glad you will be able to make the workshop! We could use a hand with Registration and/or Table, please take a look at the first post and see what fits your schedule. Thanks for the offer to help!

The video is basically setup now with a video camera. We can choose either video method (document camera or video camera). Should I bring a tripod, or will you, John?

Back