Jestersix

225 upgrade IS HERE

nanoguy said:
Ian....that fixture lifting setup you have is awesome!!! I'm going to have to do that one of these days for my suspended canopy. How does the actuator work? Does it roll up the suspension wires like a winch?

Its a track actuator on a pulley system. There is more info on it earlier in the thread. I posted some links as well. Let me know if you have any questions after you go through it.

seminolecpa said:
Ibn said:
There's also the purple primer to top it all off. :p

Seriously dude. I had to stay and detox for a while from the fumes.

Yeah I think everyone was high while doing the plumbing. The fumes were pretty strong. Probably why Bryan hit his head and broke the light fixture. hahahahaha

Yes there are. haha.

Ok so I bought a 50' run of 1.5" spaflex (108 @ home depot), a bunch of threaded unions, several other fittings, and plastic straps. Hopefully it will all go smoothly on Sunday.

no it takes longer, should have the proper glue used (most places do not sell it - it's more elastic then the normal glue) and loves to push itself out of the bell side of the fitting. 1.5" isn't super bad but 2" I'll tell you what... that stuff is pretty strong. I'd compare it to doing 4" standard hard PVC piping.

jellygeee said:
Wow, Ian. This tank is going to be amazing.
Didn't you just upgrade not long agio? =)
What are you going to do with the old tank?

Rudy
Yeah he upgrades tanks about every 1-2 years. At this rate in 2020 he will have a 800gal tank :bigsmile:

jellygeee said:

Rudy

I did not so long ago, the old tank is going to a friend (Doug).

Tumbleweed said:
jellygeee said:

Rudy
Yeah he upgrades tanks about every 1-2 years. At this rate in 2020 he will have a 800gal tank :bigsmile:

Haha, I think this is as big as I am going.

eldiablosrt8 said:
Ian, any updates??? im anxious man..... plus you gotta get up and running so i can come see the store front... i mean tank setup'd

LOL here you go.

Tank filling
setup1of7July122010copycopy.jpg

I kid, I kid. That is all it was filled. I was just testing the return pump to make sure the dart could handle 11ish feet of head. Its flowing pretty well. I guess putting no elbows or 45s till the very top of the return helped a lot. I decided to split the 1.5" return to two 1.25" elbows into the tank. I did not want to use any lockline because I didn't want to restrict the flow at all.

Plumbing through the floor
1.5" return
1.5" drain (flooded)
1" trickle
setup2of7July122010copycopy.jpg

Return pump/plumbing
setup6of7July122010copycopy.jpg

setup7of7July122010copycopy.jpg

Holding tank for coral from my old display
setup3of7July122010copycopy.jpg

12x54w T5HO over "frag tank"
setup4of7July122010copycopy.jpg

Skimmer
setup5of7July122010copycopy.jpg

I have to send it back as there is a torque issue with longer neck skimmers. They do have a fix for it, I just have not had the chance to send it back in.

Back