High Tide Aquatics

29gal plans

[quote author=Euphyllia link=topic=4816.msg58836#msg58836 date=1223942991]
ok then, probably the pajama cardinals then. Are they endangered?
[/quote]

No they are not, but you can get captive raised bangaiis though, so don't give up. They cost a little more, but are an ethical choice, and very hardy compared to the wild ones.

Dophin Pet Village breeds Bangaiis, so you can get them locally. I THINK they were ~ $30 each and sold in pairs if desired (since these guys apparently don't do well beyond mated pairs due to aggression)

I love these fish but never had any luck with the wc ones? They lived for a week then died :-[ . This was a year back. I will get a CB one next time when I setup a bigger tank..

[quote author=Elite link=topic=4816.msg58853#msg58853 date=1223949965]
I love these fish but never had any luck with the wc ones? They lived for a week then died :-[ . This was a year back. I will get a CB one next time when I setup a bigger tank..
[/quote]

Since fuel costs have gone up they've been packing them light, this is after a boat ride from the collection point. No wonder the mortality is so high, all the more reason to buy captive even if it is a few more bucks, you know they have a fighting chance.

When those suckers first came in they were $100 a piece, they were very hardy then... Now they are on my do not buy for clients list along with P.Js, firefish, flame hawks and a few others.

What are some other fish that on your don't buy list Jeremy?? I bought a small goby from AG and I think I saw it like 5 times since I bought it..

Back