Reef nutrition

A returning reefer just saying hello

Hi Guys,

I am a new member of bay area reefers and just getting back into the hobby after a 6 year hiatus. I am very excited and can't believe all thats changed just in the last 5 years. Looking forward to meeting you all!

James Beattie

Welcome. This is a great place to be and to learn. There is a great group of people here that are all willing to help. What size/type of tank do you have?

Thanks Guys, Attached is a picture of the future tank location. Since this pic the walls have been caulked, spackled and now I need to cut out some vents for fans then prime and polyurethane. The space is relatively small so the tank will only be 36" x 16" x 30" (I have long arms). The space is only 36" wide so I removed the sheet rock to allow space for plumbing, overflow, cords, edt... I already have the acrylic I just need to put a router cut edge on the pieces. I am planning to join TechShop in Menlo Park to finish the edges and build a sump. I have some stuff already- like 2 new 1" seaswirls I got on craigslist, but I guess times have changed and those have become obsolete due to Tunze, Koralia type power heads. I also bought a MSX Extreme 200 - probably a little overkill, but due to the somewhat limited surface area of the tank I figured the extra bubbles would help. I would love to see other tanks in person to check out the setups, specifically ATO, Resevoir tanks, sumps, reactors, etc... My last reef was not planned at all and it was a mess (leaks, maintenance, no automation, etc...) so I want to make sure I take time to do this right. Thanks for listening to my rambling!

Attached files /attachments/sites/default/files/Picture_1022_0.jpg

Back