A testament to buying locally!!!

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by tuberider, Aug 20, 2010.

1. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

LA is a reflector, I assumed we were comparing reflector with reflector, not reflector with pendant :)

2. gimmito

gimmito Guest

My bad.

3. yardartist

yardartist Guest

I showed up last year to just see the moving track system they have. I got a full on shop and shipping tour and had a great time. No money spent, but I would gladly spend with them.

4. xcaret

xcaret Supporting Member

Jim if you want to look at the way LM can fit your tank LMK I have a couple with AC venting.

5. tuberider

tuberider Guest

This thread is about LAs, start your own thread if you wanna talk about LMs, thanks :D

6. sfboarders

sfboarders Guest

I thought you guys were talking about Live Aquaria the whole time. :bigsmile: :p

7. tuberider

tuberider Guest

Mario, you're welcome to post, I was somewhat cracking a joke, somewhat. But when I read the above statement I read LM as Lumenmax, a product that blatantly violated Lumenarcs patent and has had a negative financial impact on the company....

8. yardartist

yardartist Guest

Mario come back. There were several people posting about the other brands. Sad your post was just before Jeremy's smiley face request to stay on topic. I read it as general to everyone.

Being fairly new to reefs and not having MH yet, I was getting all confused with the L something letters anyway. This thread helped clear some of it up and I do remember Pacific Garden Supply explaining the birth of their shape. Local and originator, nice.

9. xcaret

xcaret Supporting Member

Spelling mistake... I meant Lumenarcs but if it's about LA (Los Angeles) then the thread got derailed; I thought it was about buying/supporting local businesses and the "advantage" it may have.
    Man that heath wave...

;)

10. xcaret

xcaret Supporting Member

Sorry guys, guess was a bit trying to beat my kid at being childish !!
    Kicked myself back in.
    I bought the PGS reflectors last year, after reading, looking at people's tanks in person or on images realized they were the "perfect" reflector for the new tank. BayMAC is where I bought them and must say the two gentleman at the PGS boot were just great to talk to plus were local.
    Before getting to know them I was thinking they were based somewhere in Washington State !!!
    I even shared my experience dealing with PGS with fellow aquarists south of the Rio Grande.
    Being a BAR member has to be an important start point for a local business/customer relation; BAR is no ordinary club and I think the moment you introduce yourself as a BAR member/handle, you are sort of recognized even if you have not stepped in there before.

11. tuberider

tuberider Guest

It's all good Mario, I have an off/on switch labeled Lumenbrite that says "they took our jobs!!!" when turned on :D

12. gimmito

gimmito Guest

I thought that was Lumenmax....oh never mind. :p

13. tuberider

tuberider Guest

Lumenmax :D Too many Lumens :D arrrgh, can't they get creative with the naming :D

14. r0ck0

r0ck0 Guest

They can't create their own fixture, why should they create a new name?

15. xcaret

xcaret Supporting Member

Was thinking the same...

16. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

*SNAP*