Jestersix

Aloha from the Waikiki Aquarium!

guihan

Supporting Member
I went to the Waikki Aquarium a couple of days ago so here are a few pics. Unfortunately, their outdoor tank had some leaking issues and has been sent out for repair.

Aquarium.jpg

Clams1.jpg

Arnold, I think these clams got ours beat! Wow, those clams are so big.

Clams2.jpg

Oh! It would be so cool if my tank was big enough to clean like this. :bigsmile:

Tankcleaning.jpg

Now that's what I call a zero edge.

ZeroEdgeClams.jpg

The night time scenery around the Ala Moana shopping center.

CityLights.jpg

I went to the Waikiki aquarium last month. It's a small place but definitely a place to check out. The clam is freaking HUGE!!! Which outdoor tank needed repair? The sps tank with the emperor angel is beautiful.

Apon said:
Cool pics Ben - Merry Xmas in the islands. How are the new little clams doing for you?

I was just there for a few days working on a client's place. I'm in Reno now for Christmas. I lost both of the maximas, but the hippos seem fine so far. How about your clams?

Merry Christmas!

sfboarders said:
I went to the Waikiki aquarium last month. It's a small place but definitely a place to check out. The clam is freaking HUGE!!! Which outdoor tank needed repair? The sps tank with the emperor angel is beautiful.

Yes. The sps tank was sent out for repair. I was really looking forward to seeing the sps tank. I even worked 12 hours straight to make sure I had enough time to check it out. :(( That clam is really really big and I was happy to hear that it's been there (in captivity) for roughly 29 years.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!

I hope all of you are having a wonderful and joyous time. :party:

Wow, Benjamin, what a difficult place for a client project! Beautiful photos & hope you are having a great Christmas in Reno.

What happened to the little ones? All of mine (even the little maxima) are fine in the edge...Patrick too last I heard. Sorry about that I am going to send feedback that they were too small.

I went running from the ala moana mall to diamond head a few weeks ago and passed by the aquarium. you can actually see the clams and some other tanks from outside through the fence on the beach side =)

Back