I decided to edit my first post to give the back story, as my thread is becoming larger than I'd thought it would. Once upon a time my tank looked like this: Then I came home to this: So there is the reason this is a rebuild. I've been busy this week: Post crash, I let the tank sit without any livestock for a couple weeks while deciding what to do. Then I decided to notch the back of the tank and rip out the Oceanic overflow completely. I'll be putting on an external overflow. This pile of glass scraps may look large, but it's much smaller than the one I made making my own sump dividers. I bought a new glass cutter and I have to say if you ever play around cutting your own glass: BUY A NICE GLASS CUTTER. Holy crap it's a huge difference. I also made a new overflow strainer with a drill press and table saw at work. It turned out alright but I forgot to take a pic, oops. Now I'm posting this while I wait impatiently for the first section of silicone to dry... Now that's I've posted this I bet it's dry enough to move to the other side, more later... Whoops all my pictures are sideways, but I've got to get back to work. Sorry, I guess tilt your head.