High Tide Aquatics

Another SF member!

tam

Hello BAR-heads! My name is Tam and I'm getting my feet wet again after 8 or so years! :)

I think I was a member way back when (2003?) I remember going to a BAR/MARS frag swap a bit up north. All I remember is the swap taking place in someones backyard and they had a shed/garage building back there. I stopped reefing because I'd switched jobs and other interests took over.

Today I have no job (looking) am planning to set up a small tank, 24x24x12, for a softie garden. I've already got the tank, a used AquaC Remora Nano and a used Aqua Medic 150w. I just need to reseal the tank, plug the bulkhead in the bottom, and grab a couple other things to get things moving along.

I think I have around 50 lbs of dead rock at my folks' house so I'll probably start "fresh" to avoid nuisance critters, though I still am tempted to order LR from TBS to score a mantis or two. :D

Anywho - A fine how do you do to my bay area brethren!

Welcome Tam... wow 8 years ago, that wouldn't make you a BAR member though, that'd make you a BARE member :D

First swap I went to was outside the parking lot of Tropical Paradise, interesting way how they did it, but hey we're all learning at one point or another.

Thanks for the welcome Mike! I take it that you are from San Francisco as well? Any stores out here that you would recommend? I've been to a few and they seem sort of... lacking.

What ever happened to Tropical Paradise? I loved that surge setup that they ran on their livestock tank along the left wall.

tam said:
Thanks for the welcome Mike! I take it that you are from San Francisco as well? Any stores out here that you would recommend? I've been to a few and they seem sort of... lacking.
Aquatic Central

edit:
welcome BTW

Welcome, aquatic central have some good collection, but it's way out of my budget $80+ for a sps frag, way out of my budget, especially Smiley have moving sale going on now :)

sfsuphysics said:
Welcome Tam... wow 8 years ago, that wouldn't make you a BAR member though, that'd make you a BARE member :D

First swap I went to was outside the parking lot of Tropical Paradise, interesting way how they did it, but hey we're all learning at one point or another.

Was BARE around then? I suspect the poster is thinking SEABAY.

tam said:

What ever happened to Tropical Paradise? I loved that surge setup that they ran on their livestock tank along the left wall.

Closed down years ago. The owner left to work in the South Pacific.

Thanks for the welcome and the heads up on Aquatic Central. I was able to stop by there and they had some fairly priced zoa frags in comparison to some of the south bay stores my friends and I went to this past weekend. Still "tankless" at the moment but I have a bucket full of rock and a MJ1200 pumpin' strong!

@Gresham, I think it was BARE back then (I recall thinking that BARE reefers sounded risque' in my head. :bigsmile: )

Back