High Tide Aquatics

Any layoff going on at your company??

we lost a lot of people the last several months. There are only 2 of us in the Bay Area now and we have to support SJC, SFO, OAK, SAC, MRY and Reno Airports. This is totally suck.

The worst part is I want the damn package but they are keep giving it to someone else. Since we have only 2 left, I think I'm next ;D ..

T and I both work at Chabot College, so we essentially work for the state. We still have jobs, but soon we may get IOUs.

[quote author=patchin link=topic=5478.msg68113#msg68113 date=1228881381]
T and I both work at Chabot College, so we essentially work for the state. We still have jobs, but soon we may get IOUs.
[/quote]

Yeah the state's budget is in a deep hole. We need to spend more to help out the economy. Buy more coral.. Buy more coral... :D

I think no matter where you work, you should be worried about any big friday meetings. So far they have only cut hours at my work, but rumor is 5 are getting fired next week(I work at a hospital).

Tim, fired or layoff?

Hope you got a good package Sam. My company gives pretty good package. 2 months to look for job. If you can't find job, they give you 2 weeks for every year you work for them. I work for them 7 years now. 2 months plus 14 weeks is not too bad. The only problem is they don't give it to me ??? ..

I was laid off at the end of October!

Im currently enjoying an extended holiday vacation.

I got a decent severance and am taking advantage of the UE at the moment. I have a possible Job lined up soon, so Im keeping my fingers crossed.

Also work for the state, and being non-tenured AND the least amount of seniority of those others not tenured I do cringe whenver I hear state budget issues... however next semester I'm teaching more classes, plus I get health & dental insurance so umm... sorry other California residents you're paying for me :D

In my previou[quote author=Elite link=topic=5478.msg68126#msg68126 date=1228884505]
Tim, fired or layoff?
The only problem is they don't give it to me ??? ..
[/quote]

Last time we had a layoff at my previous job I volunteered to be let go. This time I am not gonna do it again. I like my job now -- easy money, plus I gonna missed our large tank in the lobby.

Nothing at my comp, but it's only 5 of us to begin with. GF's comp let go like 20 people or so, and that's just from their HQ. She's still safe though. Her coworker might not be though, heh. He's really annoying to boot.

no layoffs at my company (medical device manufacturing & development) due to economy, but layoffs due to being aquired. we have moved some manufacturing to switzerland,and someday could lose jobs, or job growth here because of it but that's another story.

Back