Jestersix

anybody keeping up with the sandra cantu story in tracy?

been following it nightly and she was found murdered tonight.. before these kinds of stories wouldn't affect me as much but being a parent now, it really upsets me to hear these things.

bluenassarius said:
been following it nightly and she was found murdered tonight.. before these kinds of stories wouldn't affect me as much but being a parent now, it really upsets me to hear these things.

I agree! I have a soon to be 1 year old daughter. When I heard the news I was extremely sad as well. I also work with students in Oakland 5th to 12th grade. A year ago one of my students was shot because he was dating the wrong girl. I don't know what's up with our society. These sort of things going to turn me into an over-protected dad which in turn going to make my daughter hates me :bigsmile:

Sam, my wife read the whole story last night, then ended up having nightmares the whole night. (We have an 18 month daughter.)

Tragic story. Just tragic.

Yeah, now that I'm a parent I feel a lot more empathy for these types of stories. In fact any new involving kids tends to make me "project" it into my own situation. Seriously, if I could implant GPS locators into my kids ...

V

Back