Cali Kid Corals

Aptasia outbreak

^^ I wish I could do that, but they kill other corals, and take up space where you want to put coral. I don't want an aiptasia tank. I mean, OK, if they were pretty, I wouldn't mind, but they are ugly, so they must all be destroyed. Just like in Hollywood.

Perhaps this thread motivated me but I decided to relaunch my war on my "Aiptasia Tank" so I figured I'd share my special aiptasia cocktail recipe for all to enjoy;

1/2 tsp kalk
the rest vinegar

I've noticed that my PH would spike up to 8.5 while nuking aiptasia due to the high kalk content so I decided to veer off course & try vinegar instead of ro/di water to mix with the kalk and sure enough this translated into more than one benefit.

A. PH now doesn't go over 8.3 (normal) during aiptasia nuking sessions
B. It seems the white goo that the cocktail is tends to stick to the aiptasia better rather than pump through it, it clumps against it and sticks like glue, white gob still visible on dead aiptasia bugger observed a whole day after nuking session.

I inject 3ml of liquid into as many aiptasias a possible (about 6 big ones) every evening if I have a chance.

Happy Aiptasia hunting :D

I took the easy way out and pulled all the rock. Ive noticed some renegades hidden on coral frags and just found one in the sand. Im on the watch every night

Nudibranch Update: I came back from a week long vacation to noticeably fewer aiptasia in my tank. I watched two of the nudibranch's chow down on an aiptasia a few nights ago. I saw another nudibranch crawling around yesterday. They are definetly working and doing their job.

Back