Cali Kid Corals

Aug. 15 regional swap help thread!!!

Hello BAR members!!!!

As many of you may or may not know BAR swaps are well known for being organized, fun, well run and fair for everyone. Soooo, if you want to represent your club and help to make this an amazing swap we need your help, remember we are a member run club, there's no man behind the curtain :D. It's the spirit of the swap and the strength of our organization that has historically made our club shine during these events.

What do we need?

Set up- we need ~5 people to help, there will be BOD members around to help as well making it for a relatively easy setup, setup will run from 9:00 until check in. Usually this is an easy shift with everything done pretty quickly, it's a great way to meet people in the club, plus there's usually doughnuts.

Gomer
Jeepboy_90
Mike & Diane
Richard
Tim

Check in table- We'll need ~5-6 people to help with this, we need 2 people that are good with coral identification (you don't need to be a genius, just have a little experience identifying common strains of coral), and a few others to manage the check list and direct traffic. 11-1:00

Mike (sfsu)
Phong
Robin
Tim

Newbie table- This year we are going to have a welcoming table for those that are unfamiliar with BAR swaps and our group in general, if you've been to a swap or two and want to meet people and help them out this is the place, we need 4 people at any given time.

Richard
Sherri
Norman
Mike & Diane
Johnathan

Runners- we need ~4 people to run corals to the tables a no brainer someone hands you some coral and tells you what table to put them on 11-1:00, organizational skills are helpful.

Patrick
Tony
Jeepboy_90

Raffle table- we need to have a couple of shifts on this one it can be tedious and I don't want Bryan to sit there all day, say 4 people, at any given time we need 2 people at the table 1 to handle the money 1 to handle the tickets 11-~2:00

Bill
Mike (sfsu)
Tony

Picking area help- We need people to help here, it's critical, your roll would be to police the tables to make sure people aren't walking around with 20 containers, bullying people and leaving the area when the picking time expires. Also, you'll need to be there to make sure people make the appropriate decisions when it comes to stocking their tanks so you need a little knowledge regarding husbandry as well as be social and helpful. This requires at least 6 people so when the helpers picking rounds come up they have a little relief. 1:00 until it's over

Robin

Clean up- After a long day, many hands make for light work, so the more the merrier for this shift, it's a free for all!!

Tim
Glee
Patrick
Bill

MC's, we will need a few people to run the mic, I can do it, but when my picking rounds come up I'm down in the picking area.

Any and all help is appreciated, post in this thread if you are available and want to help, plus make sure you let us know what shift you can make and what you can do.

Thanks in advance to all that are going to help this event run smoothly.

I think I can be there at 11am so any of these jobs, or multiple ones if you must (I do have a red BAR shirt :D)

Check in table-
Newbie table-
Runners-
Raffle table-

If you absolutely need the help here I'll help as well. However I did find it quite enjoyable the last swap just to socialize between picking rounds.
Picking area help-

Whatever you want to help with Mike, the four you chose are simultaneous, so if you have a preference by all means be specific :D.

I know you know the drill so having you around will help for sure ;)

Hey guys, thanks for your interest in helping. If you could please look at the schedule and figure out what works best for you, that would take the guessing game out of the equation for me and eliminate any potential conflicts, thanks!

J, I'll plug my name into specifics later then, to fill in the deficiencies =)
However, Raffle is probably a given to help with sales etc :p

Hey Jeremy,

I think I should be able to make this swap although I'm not 100% certain yet. But in the meantime, I'm planning on attending so I can help out with setup, check-in (I'm not an expert at identifying corals but am average at it I would say), being a runner and raffle.

Sign me up for any of these:
Check in table-
Newbie table-
Runners-

Plus, I'll make sure to stick around and help with the cleanup.

See you all there!
Patrick

Let us know where and when you our need help.

Mike and Diane Ray

Jermey

We can help with setup and newbee table since we are still newbees so we understand.

put me down for clean up..."clean up clean up everybody everywhere, clean up clean up everybody do their share." -barney and friends

I would like to Help with setup, Checkin, and clean up. I'm not sure if I will be part of the actual swap but would like to help.

I want to help but may have my 3 year old daughter, Jasper, with me. Which of these would best suit also attending to a little kid in case I have her with me? The best job would be the one that doesn't involve the potential for breaking, spilling, and other assorted chaos, and could allow me to dash off after her when she decides to adventure). I think definitely NOT setup, but probably check-in, newbie, or raffle would be OK. She's gregarious so interacting with people is a plus.

Back