Jestersix

[Aug 2, 2014] Behind the Scenes Tour of the Steinhart Aquarium (San Francisco, CA)

Hi everyone,

Matt Wandell at the Steinhart Aquarium has graciously agreed to give the BAR members another behind the scenes tour of their amazing aquarium! You'll get to see how a large scale public aquarium functions. I'm sure it will be a great time!

Due to the limited space in some areas of the tour, we have to limit this tour to only 20 people. It will be first come first serve for the first 20 people to RSVP on this thread. Please only RSVP if you are sure if you can make it, and if you RSVP and then realize you can't attend, please change your RSVP so that someone else can take your spot. Also, since this is limited to only 20 people, it will be for BAR members only! Sorry, that means no family, significant others, or friends who are not paying BAR members. If a few days before the event, we don't have 20 people signed up, then I can open up the free spots to non members.

To attend the tour, you need to arrive at the California Academy of Sciences before the tour and purchase an admission ticket. Feel free to get there early to explore the museum, because the whole place is awesome! Then, meet up with us at 1:20 pm at the T-Rex. DO NOT BE LATE! We will be starting the tour promptly at 1:30 pm, so you will be left behind if you are not there on time. Last year, the tour had to wait for stragglers and it meant that they were short on time and didn't get to see everything that Matt wanted to talk about. Please be considerate to the other tour attendees and BE ON TIME!

Once you RSVP for the event, please pm me your cell phone number so I can contact you in case you are missing when we meet for the tour. Also, I'll pm my cell number to all of the people RSVP'ed so you can contact me that day if you're having any issues finding us, are running late, etc.

I can't wait! Thanks so much Felicia for pulling this together.

I hope I can carpool with someone or maybe get a group going! I'm in Castro Valley, willing to pay for gas, parking, bridge toll!!

Sign me up. I like the car pool idea. I live in Oakland so Geneva you come by my house. It's on the way. Off of hyw13 near hyw. 24 Like me know how to PM you.
Great - I will pm you! Maybe folks from Fremont, San Leandro, Hayward, Union City, etc. will want to join us too!
Don't forget to hit that Yes button at the top right to RSVP!

I can take myself and 4 others. Everyone can meet at my house. Since I don't know a lot about this web site maybe Geneva or Devon can arrange things. Let know.

I can take myself and 4 others. Everyone can meet at my house. Since I don't know a lot about this web site maybe Geneva or Devon can arrange things. Let know.
F6553066 - I can coordinate things. (To PM someone, I typically go to the right top of page, click on inbox, select "start a conversation", start typing the name in Participant's box until you find a match, type message, send!)

This sounds awesome :)

Is there still room in anyone's car who is leaving from the East Bay? Of course I will help pay for gas/toll if I can carpool with you!
Gabe, you can ride with me as long as you're ok with a possible pit stop in South San Fran on the way back to pick up a donation tank from Kritter Tanks.

Back