Our mission

BAR meeting June 11th let's talk about LEDs baby, let's talk about you and......

I'm going to try my best to make it too, I was impressed with their lights! They seem to make sense economically too, considering the cost of MH bulbs!

So it's time to learn...

V

crap. Dental issues again. I will not be making the meeting so the BAYMAC volunteer raffle items will not be present to hand out, nor will the Reef Nutrition raffle items. Please raffle off (2) RN 6oz samplers and record the winners (email/phone/real name/handle)

Had to bolt early as my little one has a dance recital. One thing I was curious about and wanted to see/hear about was how the system handles the ambient humidity associated with a marine environment. Or is that all sealed/potted off??

houser said:
Had to bolt early as my little one has a dance recital. One thing I was curious about and wanted to see/hear about was how the system handles the ambient humidity associated with a marine environment. Or is that all sealed/potted off??

They are sealed.....the rep was talking about how a test light dropped into a tank overnight and was perfectly dry and usable the next day.

-Gregory

GDawson said:
houser said:

They are sealed.....the rep was talking about how a test light dropped into a tank overnight and was perfectly dry and usable the next day.

-Gregory
I wanted to thank everyone that attended on Saturday. You were a great group to speak with and I look forward to hearing your feedback as we replenish stock in the stores. You all had very good and challenging questions. Remember to be smart consumers when it comes to purchasing LED products from any market. :bigsmile:

I also wanted to clarify the quotes above.

The light is rated for harsh environments and all the connections and electronics are coated to protect from humidity/corrosion. The array itself is sealed off from moisture or dust so you will only need to clean the outer lense cover. In regards to falling in water, when the power is on the array itself will remain sealed, but the electronics will most likely be damaged. One of the lights I gave an example had no power going to it when it fell and was usable after drying. I would recommend extreme caution if this happens to you.

Bummer I missed this! What I thought was a free day in fact turned out to be me with the girls alone while their Mom went to a birthday party in Santa Rosa. Bah! Er, I mean ... what a lovely day together with my kids ... yea, that's what I meant ;)

V

sfsuphysics said:
Yeah know what you mean Vince, being in a 1 car family sucks when the wife takes the car to Sacramento for the day *pout*
Come on now, Mike. Carpool. Other guys live in the city.

I've said it in shops all the times and I am saying it again (not because I like David....I hate him a lot.. :bigsmile:)...Kessil is going to be a game changer in the aquarium LED market for sure. This is a company that is doing everything right in this area...from marketing to product development and customer service. What amaze me is that they actually take the time to REALLY research and develop their products instead of just slapping a bunch of over the shelf parts and call it done.

All kidding aside...tell your team they are doing a hell of a job for the hobby, David. I think it's safe for me to say that we all (as a club) stand behind what you guys do over there at Kessil and that we're looking forward to supporting you and your company for years to come.

Mike, number of cars is not a problem, we have 3 cars (and a rusty motorcycle), it's more like "I'm going to a 40th birthday party, here take care of the kids".

I was very impressed by the Kessil lights at BAYMAC, more so than the other light vendors. The design is sleek and the price is great once you consider MH bulb replacement costs. I wanted to ask about "how many do I need for my tank" Like, one per foot, or one per two feet, etc. And yes, of course there is not rule that you you have to light the entire width of your tank. This is also what I liked, due to the pendant design, you can add lights if you need them just by moving the pendants around! There are other excellent LED lights out there too, like AO and even DIY, though time is a premium if you DIY.

I know LED lights are in my tank's future, and sooner is better than later (to avoid another set of replacement MH lights!) So ... bummed I couldn't make it, most excursions now require that I check the entire family's schedule!

Vince

Back