Neptune Aquatics

BAR members coral book- We need your input and submissions

seminolecpa

Past President
We are putting together a book and are looking for your photos and/or to photograph your coral. As the book is still a work in progress, we will take any pictures at this point, though the ultimate use of the photos is up to the editor.

If some of the pictures don't accurately represent the colony of coral it is fine, we would prefer to have usable pictures, but depending on the colony, we may arrange to have somone photograph it for you. However, we would like to have something to at least make the determination if it can/should be included.

This thread is not for discussion. Please only post photos. Any discussion should be added to the thread in WIBGI http://www.bareefers.org/home/node/9079?page=4 . All photos submitted for direct entry in the book MUST have a high resolution original counterpart."

Ideally we would like to feature about 30 or so different corals (colony sized would be best)in the book, including a front shot, top down, and macro shot. We will also possibly put a small write up about the featured corals including where it came from, what you feel is the ideal lighting etc.. Thus making the book not only eye candy but also a tool for those that may receive a frag of said coral.

Again, other interesting shots of your tank inhabitants would also be appreciated as we may go in a different direction or possibly create several volumes with different subjects depending on the submissions.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Below are some sample pages I put together on the fly

CoralsofBAR-1.jpg

CoralsofBAR.jpg

Another shot of the M. incrassata.
D2X_6577.jpg

Miami hurricane
D2X_6579.jpg

EPM
D2X_6603.jpg

NG
D2X_6663.jpg

The bane of any growth for me - NTS
D2X_6670.jpg

AOGs
D2X_6526.jpg

M. peltiformis
D2X_4913.jpg

Rainbow acan
D2X_4817.jpg

BB favia
LE%20Baby%27s%20Breath%20Favia.jpg

Thanks Eric. That reminds me. Please put the name of the coral and or whatever else you post. Common name and specific name would be preferred if know.

This thread is not for discussion. Please only post photos. Any discussion should be added to the thread in WIBGI http://www.bareefers.org/home/node/9079?page=4 .
:p

Bryan asked me to take some shots, and promised it didn't matter if they were crappy because someone with better skills than I (which is probably quite a few BAR members) would be solicited into taking the shots later if anything catches an eye :D

(yikes I need some new bulbs too!)

Acan echinatas - BAR ones (at one time or another), older picture I did siphon most of the crap up
acanech.jpg

Rock with lots of acros, Becker, Norm's Prostrada, Tyree Bali, others.
acrorock.jpg

Becker Tort + Nuclear green acro
beckernuke.jpg

Hey look another shot of the Becker! Plus a pink/red Millepora.
moreacros.jpg

Closer pic of Norm's Prostrada + Tyree Bali Tricolor
normbali.jpg

Becker + Prostrada
normandbecker.jpg

ORA Marshall Island's Tricolor (i think)
oratricolor.jpg

More acorporas, umm other greenish tipped one is Karl's Kandlelight
spsrock.jpg

Blue polyped Cap & Pink Jade (Cap & Jade?!!)
capandjade.jpg

Hopefully that's what you wanted Bryan.

Here are two pics that Eric (Ibn) took of my tank from the last tank tour that I would like to submit. I've already asked for his permission and I assume that he has the hi res photos on his hard drive somewhere if these pics get chosen for the book.

Elegance Coral that's been propagated for over 15 years:
D2X_6680.jpg

ORA Clown with 5th Generation RBTA clone:
D2X_6687.jpg

Patrick

Daniel's Rainbow acan (in DBTC)
grew it out till I could frag off a couple heads.
RainbowAcan_small.jpg

Norms monti incrassata (in DBTC)
incrassata_small_4285.jpg

incrassata_macro_small_4285.jpg

Jeremy's Favia (in DBTC)
jeremysfavia_small_4281.jpg

jeremysfavia_macro_small_4282.jpg

Undata from last year's BACFM
undata_small_4289.jpg

undata_macro_small_4288.jpg

I'm not sure what this is (any idea?) I THINK it was labled as a lokani (grew from a bitty frag from last years member swap)
unknown__small_4271.jpg

unknown_macro_small_4273.jpg

Back