Kessil

Bayer Advanced Complete Insect Killer bug spray…to treat red bugs and other pests.

Is that what those sampler bottles that BAR gave out was? "Coral Revive" I don't know why but the smell of the stuff is very familiar (pre-reefkeeping days)

sfsuphysics said:
Is that what those sampler bottles that BAR gave out was? "Coral Revive" I don't know why but the smell of the stuff is very familiar (pre-reefkeeping days)

Good nose Mike ! Juluan Sprung was kind enough to donate some bottles of Revive to the swap.

gimmito said:
sfsuphysics said:

Good nose Mike ! Juluan Sprung was kind enough to donate some bottles of Revive to the swap.

Active ingredients in ReVive Coral Dip are Oleum abietis and Citrus limon - basically pine/fir oil and lemon peel extract. Not only did Dana Riddle find that it is quite effective on red and black bugs, you can use it to give your home a fresh and clean smell. :bigsmile:

lattehiatus said:
gimmito said:
sfsuphysics said:

Active ingredients in ReVive Coral Dip are Oleum abietis and Citrus limon - basically pine/fir oil and lemon peel extract. Not only did Dana Riddle find that it is quite effective on red and black bugs, you can use it to give your home a fresh and clean smell. :bigsmile:

Thank you that's what I smell, pine oil.

Piper said:
I just doesn't work quite as well on the floors as Pine-Sol though.

You might want to lodge a complaint with Julian about that! Personally I feel that the concentration is perfect as a body scrub - Pine-Sol drys out the skin a bit too much. :D

Hrm, didn't realize that insect killer could be used this way. I always thought Revive was enough and I haven't found any bugs yet. What assures me that it works (at least in my eyes) is when I see the bristleworms, stars, and pods fall off and slowly die. However, maybe I'm missing the smaller stuff. I typically let my corals sit in Revive for the full 15 minutes and sometimes longer as I'm placing the frags into my tank or Brandie's tank.

Back