Kessil

BAYMAC May 8th at Chabot College

The corals are amazing out there. I came home with one coral I wanted and two others I like, so I bought three corals, all from B.A.R.... I didn't really want to spend my green papers on another places, but at our booth. I figure if I want corals, why not support our group at the same time. Thanks for the guys out there pointing out the Superman Monti and giving me advices on the corals i bought. This event was great, I finally see Chris from nanocustoms.com in person, I been in business with him getting parts for my tank in years and i never seen him until today.

I really enjoyed BAYMAC as well. Some of the things I liked were:
Good energy/ vibe- there were a lot of people which made it 'happening' but not so crowded you couldn't walk around easily or see corals in all the frag tanks.
Excellent vendors- loved the LED suppliers and lots of good frags to choose from
Top of the line speakers, unfortunately I missed Sanjay's talk because I thought it was a different time.
Catching up with reefer friends
Good raffle format, choosing what item to put your tickets in.
Nice idea and execution on aquascaping contest.

Looking forward to an even bigger BAYMAC in 2011.

cookieJar, I agree about the event being crowded... It was really pack and I'm bumping into people with my cooler. hahaha Well crowded means good for business.

OK you all, post what you brought home from Baymac.

Two very special acans, one bicolor and one WAY more intense and contrasting than a rainbow acan
One sunset Leptastrea
One King Neptune Watermelon chalice frag
One bright red and orange branching cyphastrea
One wireless module for my Apex to control my MP-40w's

I also really enjoyed distributing another load of DBTC coral and seeing all of you that attended. You are MY kind of people! beer:

I agree it was a lot of fun but when I got there it was not to crowded and I got a nicely priced Ricordea mushroom from Neptune Aquatics. By the way I got a Ricordea Yuma from the Bay Area Reefers booth. I was wondering who donated it because it is doing great? I also brought home a Leptastrea. Were you there when someone blew a fuse? There was some smoke.

Was it an orange ricordia? I donated one but I thought it was a florida. I should have more soon as I break down my old tank for dbtc
nick

I think it was one I brought. It was a ~1in Yuma glued to a piece of rubble? It's probably 3rd generation or later. I've had the parent Yuma since 2001. Under higher lighting, it starts to pick up a pink color.

-Russell

nanocube-boy said:
does anyone know how to use the Coral Rx sample from baymac? I want to try it on my new corals.
Here are the instructions off of their web site.

http://www.coralrx.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=43&Itemid=51

Back