Cali Kid Corals

BAYMAC2012 - needs new venue & host

G

Edited this to reflect the changes... We still may be able to hold BAYMAC this year. We need to find a new venue, find more volunteers to work it, and get greater sponsorship in order to keep it alive.

Yeah, we lost our host which in return means we lost our venue and a major part of our workers.

However - after announcing that, we got numerous emails from companies and individuals asking how they can help. I'll know more in the next week or so. If we do BAYMAC again this year, the format will change a bit, especially given our loss of the free venue and free parking. We will make every attempt to keep it a free event for attendees. We've carried reef clubs since the inception of the event for free and we could do that with a free event. We'll probably charge clubs a small booth fee to help offset the expenses we incur (venue rental, pipe & drape rental, insurance, marketing, etc).

Please visit our Facebook page for updates.

www.facebook.com/baymac

Thanks! My sons and I are only 1-year members, but loved BAYMAC last year. We are fully ready to volunteer and help with the event. Facebook page... check. Let me know how we can help - we are in Santa Cruz.

Bob

GreshamH said:
Yeah, we lost our host which in return means we lost our venue and a major part of our workers.

AFAIK the original venue is available for May 12th and can be rented by outside groups. PM me if you have any questions.

That (no Friday night) was not passed onto me until the day I posted this thread (couple weeks ago). That would have been nice to know months ago, I would have had that much more time to find a new venue.

no Friday = no venue plain and simple.

according to the current BAR President Friday set-up is not available....

Cannot PM and forgot your email.

Bummer!
It wash such a great event.
Free venue was a great gift. It's kind of hard to get stuff for free these days. If the economy was stronger my guess is that folks or sponsors would pay enough to support paying for a venue.
I'm sure things will change.

We've had a few offers of free venues.... none have met my criteria I'm afraid. Simply not suitable for the volume we expect, and one was simply too far off the beaten path.

Yes, several companies have stepped up to offer sponsorships to make it happen. It's probably doable with that, but, still need a venue.

Well good luck!
I would hope that there would be some extra cash left over for you Gresh.
With all the time and energy in putting it together you should build in some profitability.
You have built an amazing event. It would be sad to let it drift away.

I'm not in it for the money thankfully, otherwise I'd have given up after the second one :lol:

Looks like I have 9 more posts then I I'll have to stop posting for good.... wanna grab that 12321 post count :lol:

Back