BEST DAY EVAR! :D

Discussion in 'Breeding' started by Euphyllia, May 6, 2010.

1. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Just trying to help you out :)

Pics when you get em of the new hatch please ;)

2. Euphyllia

Euphyllia Guest

OK. I actually have pictures and video of the first hatch (and the fry are actually visible!), but I never got around to uploading them. I'll try and do that soon. :)

3. Roc

Roc Guest

So how is the clown farm been going, seems like you should be on the 5th or 6th batch of babies by now, no?

4. Euphyllia

Euphyllia Guest

All of the batches decide to hatch right after I go to bed at like midnight. I woke up this morning and found more than half of the eggs left, so I'll try again tonight. :)

5. Euphyllia

Euphyllia Guest

They always hatch unexpectedly. I checked every 10 minutes, but never shined the flashlight on the eggs. Then I decided to shine it on the eggs to check, and they were all gone! :(

6. Euphyllia

Euphyllia Guest

Guess what?
    After looking at picture on Nano-reef.com of newly hatched clownfish and asking a question, I just realized what I raised wasn't baby clownfish. What I described my baby "clownfish" as turns out to be baby mysis shrimp. No wonder I failed. I can't believe I wasted my rotifers on those.
    What I raised was transparent, had big eyes, had a tail like a dolphin, and was really small. :tired:
    [​IMG]

Gonna try again at my failure summer of next year. Maybe clownfish will be easier to raise than mysis shrimp. |(

7. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

So you're not going to sell captive raised mysis?

They're good food for baby frogfishes :D

Your new avatar :D

8. Euphyllia

Euphyllia Guest

That's a good idea... done. :)

9. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Haha... pretty funny!

:D

10. CookieJar

CookieJar Guest

Well, if you can catch and bottle your mysis you could give Reef Nutrition a run for their $$. :D

11. Euphyllia

Euphyllia Guest

My SA Fancy Ocellaris are going through their first pre-spawning rituals. They're vigorously bitting at the rock under their Frogspawn while shaking, and then swimming up and down over the rock like my Black Ocellaris do when they lay eggs. This is the same month my Black Occys started their dry run-throughs last year, so hopefully I'll get them to spawn by April, which is when my Black Occys started spawning last year. :bigsmile: