Our mission

bio-sea salt mix

IO and RC for me. I hesitate using solar evaps like Red Sea or the new D&D one. No matter their claims I have found the Red Sea to have elevated silicate and nitrate levels. There really is no way around that when doing solar evap with salt.

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=4773.msg58071#msg58071 date=1223568672]
IO and RC for me. I hesitate using solar evaps like Red Sea or the new D&D one. No matter their claims I have found the Red Sea to have elevated silicate and nitrate levels. There really is no way around that when doing solar evap with salt.
[/quote]

good to know, i was about to buy a few bags of D&D. guess ill just wait for more reviews

I've heard good things about D&D this past weekend from several that have used it and tested it. I guess they found a good area to do the evap from :)

I've used the Bio-Sea Salt for fish only tank and it was okay - it doesn't seem to dissolve very readily.

I use Kent and have used IO and RC.

I always add salt to the water never the other way around as it gets cloudy to no end.

Tropic Marin Pro for me too. Yes a bit more expensive but in the bigger picture the difference is not that large when you consider the other costs of running my tank.

I use seachem and I thibnk it works well, except you need to think about what you want your levels to be at because the instuctions are to mix a little lower then I like (1.021 or something like that)

Back