Cali Kid Corals

BP oil did the damage to our sea... Are you upset about it? I am!

Oh please share :) Do it this weekend, I'll bring the wine :)

How bout some Monk Seal, I hear there's not many left.... last one tastes the best ;)

nanocube-guy said:
Nice.... You gotta send out those letters... Let ur words heard. Polar Bear will love you!

I'll start the letters tomorrow. I'll type then and put a fancy-pants hand written signature at the bottom. Maybe I'll post the letters on BAR before I send them off! :)

Just be sure not to include any personal info if you post them (last name, etc)

I don't eat fish... nor seafood. I'm allergic to them... I'm a land carnivore eater. I eat cows, chicken, turkey, and pork. Don't forget my fruits and veggies. So... "a little" anti-fishery guy. I don't like people fish for animals that are on the endanger list, and seafood watch booklet. I hope that lets u know... I'm not with the over-fishery guys. I does fish out at the pier sometimes, twice a year, two days total, but i suck and don't catch anything. With my arm power, rather watch other idiots fight for the fish and be mad at them for catching them. So yea!

Euphyllia said:
nanocube-guy said:
Nice.... You gotta send out those letters... Let ur words heard. Polar Bear will love you!

I'll start the letters tomorrow. I'll type then and put a fancy-pants hand written signature at the bottom. Maybe I'll post the letters on BAR before I send them off! :)

great... You should join the P. Bears for a few glass bottles of Coco Cola after mailing it! :D

Mr. Ugly said:
nanocube-guy said:
I am very mad an disappoint at BP.
[...]
I want to heard what you guys have to say and what's on you mind about it?
You should be at least as mad about overfishing and its effects on the ecosystem.

Researchers say that 90% of the large fish are already gone.

Some are saying that there will be no fish left by 2048.

You can be even more upset at those who frame the problem as a "no more seafood" issue vs. wide scale disruption and destruction of interelated ecosystems.

Gomer,

I am aware of over fishing too, and I do take the time to join Monterey Bay Aquarium and other people out in California and write letters to the congress, president, and senators to sign the bills of stop overfishing, shark fishing and etc... The thing about fishing is that, there are millions of people fishing out there and we can't push the laws enough to overfish, or any fishing. People does have the right to fish and licenses to fish so it's tough to fight with millions of them.

nanocube-guy said:
Gomer,

I am aware of over fishing too, and I do take the time to join Monterey Bay Aquarium and other people out in California and write letters to the congress, president, and senators to sign the bills of stop overfishing, shark fishing and etc... The thing about fishing is that, there are millions of people fishing out there and we can't push the laws enough to overfish, or any fishing. People does have the right to fish and licenses to fish so it's tough to fight with millions of them.

Gomer = Tony
Mr. Ugly = Norm

:D

I don't know if it's a matter of fighting people that have fishing licenses.

Our government and others subsidize non-sustainable commercial fishing.

nanocube-guy said:
I don't eat fish... nor seafood. I'm allergic to them... I'm a land carnivore eater. I eat cows, chicken, turkey, and pork. Don't forget my fruits and veggies. So... "a little" anti-fishery guy. I don't like people fish for animals that are on the endanger list, and seafood watch booklet. I hope that lets u know... I'm not with the over-fishery guys. I does fish out at the pier sometimes, twice a year, two days total, but i suck and don't catch anything. With my arm power, rather watch other idiots fight for the fish and be mad at them for catching them. So yea!

Well farming, whether it be livestock or plants, also has a huge effect on fisheries.

IMO the Seafood Watch booklet doesn't give consumers enough ammo and tosses the baby out with the bathwater.

I'm speculating the following, but I challenge you to prove otherwise.

Our "meat" industry has done more damage globally than the BP spill, by leaps and bounds.

I wouldn't stop there. I would say that about farming in general... livestock for meat/milk and plants. Not only has it done more damage to the ocean, but land and freshwater as well.

Yep, look at the Central Valley, while it is unquestionably the bread basket of the country and produces the finest and most diverse produce found anywhere, take a look at the delta. The impact is great, and we're just seeing how bad it is when recovery measures are not working, the water is cleaner than ever.

Back