Kessil

Brandie's 210 Upgrade

YAY!!!! Finally! :) This is so exciting! So what's the estimate on how many days it will take to make enough water? Ha!

Idk, I honestly think our RODI is slow. I'll come home tonight and have a full bucket of water, and that's only 40 gallons at the almost 24 hour mark. I do plan to stay on top of things though! ;)

Also marking every ~32 gallons I put in, this will make my life wonderful when it comes time to water changes. Or so I hope.

With all the spam the site has been getting, I'm not sure if its really happening!
Or I could be dreaming...
But it does look good and moving in the right direction

Go Brandie go!

LOL I put the pic of me in holding the bag of sand just for you so you would know it wasn't spam :p

I'm getting there! I know it's been longer than expected, but almost there!!

That's a sweet tank. I really like the rockwork and the scape. The overhang will allow you to put some nice coral.

Thank you! Johnny (jestersix) did an amazing job! I might say it 50 times thru the thread and I'll gladly say it 100 more haha. It looks so awesome and it was fun to watch him work, it's like he grabs a piece of rock and just knows where it's supposed to go. And those are solid pieces! I told him I wanted lots of sand bed showing, with plenty of sleeping places for my fish (I do have a lot of them) and that's what he came up with.

Coral with be a mixture of LPS, softies, gorgs, and macro algae. No interest in trying SPS, I love my fish too much... LOL

Also what sort of pumps are you going to put in those holes? One of my biggest issues with sandbeds come from the fact I use quite a bit of flow which ends up making exposed parts of the tank bottom.

Looks great!!!!!
Woohoo!!
Nice rockwork.
I also like all the shells and rubble. Pros and cons of course, but looks good. I am a bit tempted
to add more, since my sand keeps blowing around, but if I lower the flow, crud accumulates.

Also what sort of pumps are you going to put in those holes? One of my biggest issues with sandbeds come from the fact I use quite a bit of flow which ends up making exposed parts of the tank bottom.

All the pumps are wp25s on the back of the tank wall. I have two in the middle, and one one each side of the overflow. I teed off the loc line so I have four points of water return instead of two. Pumps take care of bottom and middle, and returns take care of middle and top. That's the idea anyways. We will see how it looks when it's full and everything is plugged in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great!!!!!
Woohoo!!
Nice rockwork.
I also like all the shells and rubble. Pros and cons of course, but looks good. I am a bit tempted
to add more, since my sand keeps blowing around, but if I lower the flow, crud accumulates.

Pros and cons definitely, but for me, it's really more for the animals than anything else. Pistol shrimp loves using rubble for his burrows and I'm sure the jaw fish will appreciate it. Also, I put shells in the 90 and when I did, it went along way to keep my hermits from predating on my snails. I'd rather have them and not need them, then need them and not have them.

Went with the mini flakes this time instead of the aragasnow. I guess I'll see what the sand bed movement looks like soon enough. Damn RODI isn't going fast enough! LOL

Ah ok, I didn't even catch it that those were loclines in your rockwork. I'm assuming for a closed loop and not a return, because if power goes out in the case of a return that's a lot of water to drain.

Ah ok, I didn't even catch it that those were loclines in your rockwork. I'm assuming for a closed loop and not a return, because if power goes out in the case of a return that's a lot of water to drain.

Ooh LOL you're talking about the blue Benny bottles!! Hahahaha. ^.^ bottles for my blennies and clown gobies, not loc line ;)

Not sure what average pressure is, do you have a gauge? Temp of input water and pressure matter A LOT! you can piggy back an extra membrane on to your first one and get faster output too. If your pressure isn't great then a booster pump will help.

Yeah my pressure seems fine in the shower, washing, etc, but I slap a gauge on a hose bib anywhere and I barely get 40psi. Mike being farther up the hill than me he might get even less :D

Back