Brick Red Chalice

Discussion in 'DBTC - LPS' started by saltwatersig, Jul 31, 2008.

statistics
No Transactions
None
Please email your web administrator with a link to this thread if you want to add this thread to the DBTC database!!
  1. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

ok i don't know what its called but it looks brick red ......i can make 3 small frags avail at frag swap...

standard dbtc rules apply plus must have started 3 dbtc's

and pick a number from 1 to 10 and i'll pick the winners by sunday

pic of mother colony

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. euod

euod Supporting Member

#1. Thanks

3. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

I can only stare at this for so long....

4. Elite

Elite Guest

This should be good enough for DBTC-X... Very cool piece

5. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

6. TimTen

TimTen Guest

#9 please

7. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

DBTC-X .......really.....i thought the corals name had to sound like some tropical mixed drink :D

if it does qualify as a dbtx-c then i suippose someone (mod/bod) can move it to that forum. thanks

8. LeviT

LeviT Guest

6!

I lost my DPV when it did a face plant onto my acan and this one will do just fine :)

Thread I started;
    http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?topic=3146.0
    http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?topic=3515.0
    http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?topic=3259.0

9. tuberider

tuberider Guest

I agree with Phong, oh yeah, #7.

10. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

Jeremy. Step aside! I got #7 already :p

11. xinumaster

xinumaster Guest

Does your Brick Red Chalice lineage can be trace back to this http://reeffarmers.com/limitedechinophylliabrickred.htm

12. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

I don't think so. I picked up that Brick Red at the BACFM. The one in this thread has small green highlights which aren't present in mine nor the one on RF's. Also, Salt just happened to call it brick red: "ok i don't know what its called but it looks brick red "

13. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

i can't say about the lineage.....i purchased it last nov at aquarium in motions in so cal. the coral had started loosing its color after a couple of weeks and i kept moving it around to try diff spots and finally it colored up. as far as the name .....well "brick red " seemed better than "prime rib rare" ;D

14. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

Where did you end up putting it? Any advice with the light intensity and water flow?

15. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

well its up half way in the tank and up against the back glass .....a tunze is facing it but on the opposite side of tank. as far as light....i believe its more beneath my t5's than my 250 halides (my fixture reflectors more or less do not reflect all the way towards the fnt or back of tank, t5's on the other hand light those areas more) . attached pic also shows a stylo dirrectly blocking most flow from tunze.

[​IMG]

16. Elite

Elite Guest

[quote author=saltwatersig link=topic=4214.msg50650#msg50650 date=1217601542]
    DBTC-X .......really.....i thought the corals name had to sound like some tropical mixed drink :D

if it does qualify as a dbtx-c then i suippose someone (mod/bod) can move it to that forum. thanks
    [/quote]

You can tell because 3 people jumped on it under 1 hour. Try to put some regular stuff out there and wait for a week to see if you get 3 ;D ..

I didn't jump on it because I haven't put out anything nice.. :p

17. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

I think part of the LE stuff is retarded in that the 2 letters make it valuable not so much as it being a nice cool coral. That said, ya, I would put it in DBTC-X. It is kinda interesting with red Chalice's. I posted one as my first DBTC and lots of people jumped on it. It was more like ketchup then your coloration.

18. seminolecpa

seminolecpa Past President

I'll go with the big Ocho

19. rleechb

rleechb Guest

20. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

will the following people please step forward

TimTen

seminolecpa

tuberider

levitille

i am sort of spreading the winners around and since gomer won a diff dbtc i only chose 1 of the # 7 entries