Brick Red Chalice

Discussion in 'DBTC - LPS' started by saltwatersig, Jul 31, 2008.

statistics
No Transactions
None
Please email your web administrator with a link to this thread if you want to add this thread to the DBTC database!!
  1. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

[quote author=LeviTillie link=topic=4214.msg52251#msg52251 date=1218679115]
    (1.024 if Normans control is right)
    [/quote]

Uh thanks.

No bottles for you!

2. Elite

Elite Guest

LOL Norman..

Levi, Norman's stuff is good stuff.

Can I get extra bottle next time Norman?? ;D

3. LeviT

LeviT Guest

1st of all, I don't trust the alk test since it's not a titration test, that just looks like the closest color.

2nd, the frag wasn't much better the day I brought it home even before dipping and aclimating (not blaming that on you Sergio, it had a rough day and has been getting worse so my tank may not be helping it)

3rd, I wasn't knocking you Norm, I was just saying I thought my water was 1.026 until I used your calibration fluid so if anything I was pointing the finger at my refractometer being off, not you :)

4. iani

iani Guest

Yup Norm, I tested your solution to some pinpoint 53.0mS calibration fluid. I had to double check it, jk. Its exactly the same.

5. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

levi .....if after you get alk back up and the frag does'nt improve by the next bar meeting , let me know , i have another frag and so far its looking really good. i will gladly give you this one at the meeting , just let me know.

sergio

6. LeviT

LeviT Guest

Thanks. I'll pick up a test tomorrow to make sure. I've done well with all my other LPS's to date so I have my hopes up.

7. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

[quote author=LeviTillie link=topic=4214.msg52265#msg52265 date=1218684564]
    1st of all, I don't trust the alk test since it's not a titration test, that just looks like the closest color. [/quote]

Well, check your alk test with the 3.8meq/l alk standard that got passed out at the swap. That's what it's for :D

[quote author=LeviTillie link=topic=4214.msg52265#msg52265 date=1218684564]3rd, I wasn't knocking you Norm, I was just saying I thought my water was 1.026 until I used your calibration fluid so if anything I was pointing the finger at my refractometer being off, not you :)[/quote]

Hehe... I'm a pyromaniacal chem and science geek from way back. I had no choice. That what happens to overweight, glasses wearing, no friend having, last one picked for kickball playing, only asian kids at school :D

When my boss talks to me at work, he says, "You and your friend, Ted Kaczynski..."

Anyways, I geeked out on the swap chem goodies. There shouldn't be any problems with them :D

8. LeviT

LeviT Guest

Thanks Norm, I didn't trust the test enough to even waste your control fluid :)

9. LeviT

LeviT Guest

So what do think, safe to start moving it into the light? It's filling back in nicely and I saw a hint of sweepers before I disturbed it to take this picture.
    [img width=1000 height=750]http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii263/wlt501/BAR%20pics/chalicebrickred2.jpg[/img]

10. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

nice recovery levi......i put my last frag on the sand bottom and though it has'nt lost any color , i still have not seen any sweepers.

sergio

11. tuberider

tuberider Guest

Don't go too crazy with it Levi, they don't like a lot of light, and once they bleach it's hard to get them to color back up ;)

Mine is doing quite well ;D thanks Sergio!

12. LeviT

LeviT Guest

Don't worry, I was just referring to getting out from the shaded area. I plan on leaving it a few inches off the bottom for a while.

13. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

ok i have 1 more frag ready ....pick a # from 1- 10 and let me know your lighting set up and how long your set up has been running.

14. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

I'm going to pick 3. BUT...I want to get a picture of a chalice that I have to compare which might be the same. It was purchased as Brick Red Chalice from Tyree at the BACFM. And I am running a 250 radium over a 40g, but the tank has many different light zones (dedicated frag tank). Tank has been running sorta for 1.5y but also only 5 months. (I moved and re-setup and expanded from the 14BC + 10g frag to a dedicated 40g frag)

15. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

here's a pic of the frag

[​IMG]

is this what you wanted a pic of?

16. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

actually, I wanted to move my frag into a bit higher light (it is shaded right now) and take a photo to compare to yours :)

17. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

18. seminolecpa

seminolecpa Past President

2 frags ready to go out for 2nd gen pickup at BOD meeting or at my house in Burlingame.

Must frag 2 more before trading, or selling

19. seminolecpa

seminolecpa Past President

Forgot to add that this is a very low light chalice. Too much light will cause it to pale.

20. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

If nobody is going to chime in.... (same caveat as other piece.. although I can swing by too Bryan if I can't make Saturday).. although if someone else wants in, just put me in line for either or, don't want to see too greedy here :)