Cali Kid Corals

Bubble Master Vs. Bubbleking?

finalphaze987

Supporting Member
So im in the market for a new skimmer and am strongly considering one of these. I dont want to go cheap and end up upgrading later down the line, (most of us are no stranger to that) so I thught f going with the Mini Bubble king 200...then i noticed the ATI bubble master 250 and noticed its rated of tanks <500...now i know that can mean a wide array of sizes but if the ATI 200 is rated up to 250 gal, the 250 has to perform better with that second pump right? ???

Do you guys think the extra $300 (not to mention the expensive replacement parts) for the Bubble king is worth it? The reviews on these skimmers look great, but i really dont want to purchase something that will be obsolete within 3 years in this ever evolving hobby of ours...

I'd go with the ATI myself, but I'm cheap. They are both very good designs, the Bubble King is great for the small foot print if that is what you need, otherwise I think their both suitable. I wouldn't worry too much about the designs changing on skimmers, I still run Euro-Reefs and am happy with them ;)

Yep I just went with a BM 200 myself. I only upgraded from my Euro Reef because I am running a significantly higher water volume. Everything I read on it when I did my research was that it was a great skimmer for the price.

I'm with Jeremy, I like my ASM G3, I don't run much of a fish load, 5 total now in 100g. I think I'll do a recirculating mod sometime over the summer. However the bubblemaster has piqued my interest, especially considering I'm tempted on consolidating water volumes of both tanks into roughly 250-300g total in the short term, and maybe a 300g tub in the longer term, and don't think my ASM can handle all of that

IMO - Bubble Master's kick ass.

Bubble King kick more ass - but I'm not that rich. If the Bubble King is an option then H&S or even the ATB can be thrown into the mix.

What's so special about the ATB skimmers? I was going to ask on the RC sponsor board but was scared of getting flamed to hell for not knowing already.

I mean it's a nice cone shape, it seems to have a very similar design to the higher end skimmers, bubble diffuser plate and all that rot. Not even a recirculating skimmer, and they cost a ton... not Bubble King cost, but still pricey!

It's the cone shape that is supposed to make a difference.

The mini Bubble Kings are very close to larger H&S and even Deltecs.

Not all recircs are created equal. Not sure about the Elos Skimmers, but they are supposed to kick some royall a$$ too! :D

Ive heard of the ATB's but havnt looked into them much...i think Perry has one..i should ask him how he likes it..

The H&S look great but those things are huge..their externals are a possibility, but with that heatwave reality check we just recieved, i really dont want to add another pump in the system in addition to the recirc. pump..

The extra space in the sump would be nice if i got the BK...but mann, if something was to break im sure finding parts and paying for them would be a royal exclisiv pain in the ass...so im leaning more toward the ATI and using the money i didnt spend on the BK toward a vortec...

Bryan, hows the skimmate on the BM200? is the 250 the same thing, but with 1 more pump?

ive always ran with euro reef before...it works good as long as we keep the neck clean...its kinda hard to find the sweet spot when evap rates differ, but a float valve could fix that...

Lapsan is running a 250 I believe - check with him.

If I had the extra cash I get rid of the ER 8-2 with an Eheim pump in a heartbeat for a Bubble Master that's how much I like them!

Ask Victor at Aquatic Gallery about ATB's, he's the US Distributer :)

Aquatic gallery in milpitas? i may have to stop by there...from the looks of things i'm leaning toward the BM250, but ofcourse i still gotta look into everything before making a decision..

Thanks for all the input everyone!

[quote author=corals b 4 bills link=topic=3757.msg43808#msg43808 date=1211553019]
Why isn't anyone talking about the Deltec's? Now your starting to make me feel bad. :(
[/quote]Their sooo 2006 :D

Back