Jestersix

Bubble Master Vs. Bubbleking?

LOL - Let's see -

They were on sale
I bought them used, someone changed their mind and decided to sell them to me really cheap.
So and so said I could try it out on the tank cuz they're really generous - blame it on that club I just joined see they're really helpful

Please make sure she does not read this thread! ;D

Mr. Sheehan you can show your wife though, and tell her how much money you saved.

Wait...perhaps not that would mean another pair of shoes, right? Every gal needs another pair of shoes for the upcoming trip too!

i couldnt resist...i thought my water was going to crap (when it was really monti eating nudis) and i gave it and picked up a BM250...i was lucky enough to have a girlfriend who wanted to pay for half as a birthday present, and we got it at a really great price, so the blow to the wallet wasnt so bad. This thing is HUGE and takes up way more space than our previous ER, but it pulls air like a beast..cant wait for this thing to break in..

I picked it up from Ed over at http://kmaintl.homestead.com/index.html ..He was nice enough to help me decide on which model to go with...before that i was self sold on a bubble king or an ATB.. Lucky for me he was an honest guy and saved me some $...he could have easily got me for an upsale on a BK..plus he was the only guy i know who ever sold me something, and offered tech support and a one on one walk through instalation over the phone..THATS the customer service we need around here...

dslr342.jpg

dslr343.jpg

Hows yours going Bryan? did it break in yet?

yea, hopefully it breaks in soon...its skimming super wet right now, i suppose itll be that way for a month or two..i still have the ER online, but i think im going to pull it out next week for a good vinegar bath..

The smaller version was actually the one rated for our tank size but more on the higher end...i picked up this one just incase one day we decide on a bigger system... ;)

Our pH is at a constant 8.31 now..going as high as 8.34...i calibrated the probes to make sure they wernt off, but still the same result...i've alwaysed kept the tank at 8.25-8.30 at the highest...is this something to be concerned about?

Alk checks in at 10 dKh
Ca is at 400-420
and Mg at 1360-1380

Do you dose Kalk i.e. a drip? that could explain the high pH. My tank has traditionally been a bit high as well though, simply because I have a lot of open surface area for my volume.

Back