Jestersix

Clam Direct - Pinched Mantle research

http://www.clamsdirect.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1982

Anyone would like to join me?? We can donate as BAR club ;D ..

We donated :D I urge BAR to step up and match our donation :)

With that heavy bank roll just sitting there, well, what else are you going to do with it? <ahem> It's what, nearly $8K by now, just sitting there? <nudge>

If each of us donate $5-$10, we can beat reefnutrition easy :eek: ;D

Come on guys.. you can't buy a big mac meal with 5 bucks.. We are very good with the Steinhart donation.. Lets do the samething for this. 8)

[quote author=Raddogz link=topic=1797.msg16989#msg16989 date=1173208974]
Phong - do you want take the collection fund?
[/quote]
My tank is full... I can't buy any more coral ;D ..

Sure.. I can do it.. :)

Don't matter Eileen :) .. I have a free acct. I can except only $500 max per month. I'm sure we won't reach that point. :-[

Why not use the clubs BANK account of nearly 8 thousand dollars to donate from? What better use can you think of? It hasn't been spent as there hasn't been something goood to apply it to...welll................

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=1797.msg17012#msg17012 date=1173216011]
Why not use the clubs BANK account of nearly 8 thousand dollars to donate from? What better use can you think of?
[/quote]
I think it would be better to first understand what the donation is going to go for before blindly giving money after having only a day to even know about this.

But of course Mike. Research it as you need! As for me, and knowing Barry, I know he'll use the money for the tests. We wouldn't have donated that, if we felt otherwise :)

The BOD has never been able to use the bank account. Some one ALWAYS drags their feet. For once, why not put the money to good use? Next year we'll be at 10K+, then what?

Raddogz,

So why not donate direct to CD, rather then pooling your donations into some pseudo BAR deal? You can't exactly start a sanctioned (in the name of BAR) donation drive with out the boards approval either ;)

[quote author=Elite link=topic=1797.msg17023#msg17023 date=1173217853]
I thought it would be cool if we can donated it as "a little from BAR members" :D . $100 does sound better than $10 :D
[/quote]

Exactly! I was going to donate anyway, but it would be nice to donate as members from BAR.

You can send the money in whom evers name, BAR, FORD, etc, but you can not collect in any of those names with out their approval. In this case, it would be the BAR BOD that would have to sanction it.

Back