Kessil

Come to CFM your club has a FREE GIFT for you.

Any chance we still have more of the Cali Cali and Green Slimer?

I only took home a Cali Cali for me and another for @RelishReef here in Salinas. Neither seem to have survived. Or are they just so browned out, they need time to recover?

I wasn't able to take home any of the green slimer. So if there's any more, please let me know where I can get a frag. Thanks.

I only took home a Cali Cali for me and another for @RelishReef here in Salinas. Neither seem to have survived. Or are they just so browned out, they need time to recover?

I wasn't able to take home any of the green slimer. So if there's any more, please let me know where I can get a frag. Thanks.
I am still giving mine some additional time, but mine is still white, not brown.

I think @Arvin R has some

I'm wondering if anyone who got a frag of the green slimer and cali cali, would mind sharing pictures of theirs?, I'm trying to determine if mine are improving or not. They apear brown under whites, they both seem green now under all blues. I think they look better as they were just straight brown even under blues. If my eyes aren’t playing tricks on me.

I'm wondering if anyone who got a frag of the green slimer and cali cali, would mind sharing pictures of theirs?, I'm trying to determine if mine are improving or not. They apear brown under whites, they both seem green now under all blues. I think they look better as they were just straight brown even under blues. If my eyes aren’t playing tricks on me.

In fact, I was just about to do this :). The Cali Cali was pale white for the first week and keeps getting greener and greener every day (is this the intended color?). I was not sure if it would make it and it is not in my main display but in a nano tank. Also, I have no experience with acros. Still another example of not to give up early.

IMG_1418.jpeg

B
Brown under whites and green under blues is how both of mine look too. Still far from their potential yet.

Lo
In fact, I was just about to do this :). The Cali Cali was pale white for the first week and keeps getting greener and greener every day (is this the intended color?). I was not sure if it would make it and it is not in my main display but in a nano tank. Also, I have no experience with acros. Still another example of not to give up early.

View attachment 52952
Looks fantastic! You’ve got puddling and some polyp extension.
SPS grow out contest here you come!!

Normally it takes 3 months for a coral to settle in. Please keep in mind that these corals were not in a pristine environment. So a little love and care. They should come back around. Also there’s were all fresh cuts. So imagine you having a new cut. Gonna take a while to heal first then grow and color up.

View attachment 52952
Yours is growing. It’s laying down the base. Keep going.

This is what they will look like.
1708223748896.png

And sorry. I’m really bad with coral names. I keep calling it cali cali. John keeps correcting me. It’s Copps Calacali acro.

Reactions: JVU
Back