Jestersix

Come Walk With Us

patchin

Supporting Member
Theresa and I would like you to join us. On Oct 11 we will be participating in the Alzheimer's Memory Walk on Treasure Island.The purpose of the Walk is to raise awareness and money to provide services for those affected by Alzheimer's and for research to prevent and/or cure the disease. Our team, "Saving Minds", is nine strong now, but we would like many more. Our goal is thirty team members.

We had seen, first hand how this disease robs a person of her mind. Four years ago, Theresa's mom was a sharp, dignified woman. Today, she lives in diapers, can't think well enough to finish a sentence, doesn't recognize me, and requires 24 hour care. Her savings are disappearing rapidly. Soon, she will have to be moved to skilled nursing facility, which T and I will probably have to pay for, at $3000-$5000/ month. The stress of caring for her mom and managing caregivers has taken it's toll on Theresa.

And it's estimated that 10 million baby boomers will be afflicted with Alzheimer's, if no treatment or cure is discovered

So, we are inviting all of you to join our team and walk on Oct 11. If you are not able to walk, would you be willing to contribute to our cause. You may join our team, or donate at http://memorywalk.kintera.org/treasureisland08/savingminds

Thank you. Our hope is that none of us come down with this disease.

If you would like more information on the Walk or the disease itself, please PM me.

Steve

Steve, we would love to help. We are checking our calendars and we will let you know as soon as we can.

Come on people, this can effect anyone. It doesn't care what your beliefs are or what great things you've done for other causes. It simply doesn't discriminate. Who knows, you could be helping someone you love?

...end soapbox

Back