Our mission

Crab season

I think a crab pot would get you the best result.
There is a gizmo sold that you can cast out with a fishing rod that entangles them.

I miss goin out for stone crabs :( Probably the only crab I like better then Dungeness. It is (for the most part) sustainable too as you only take a single claw and the animal regenerates it. All you need is a mask a snorkel and a string mop.

Richard: Yup. We'd buy chicken thighs at the grocery store. Tie one to the end of a longggg piece of string. Drop it off a pier or side of the boat. Wait for a *nudge* on the string, then slowllllllly pull it up far enough to where you could barely see him/her going to town on the chicken thigh. Then pick up our net with our other hand and scoop up the crab.

Yea it took awhile to get a dozen or so; but it was fun.

It's official!
photo2.jpg

20 Quality crabs in one hour
Tomorrow the pots will be packed and I will cherry pick 10 huge ones!

Any. Ok, I take that back, I did have some sushi a while back that had a small deep fried softshell as part of it, but I don't really count that. Also only tried lobster once when I was a little kid....don't remember what it was likc.

For sale: One 90#'er commercial style crab pot. I won't ever use it, I don't even eat the stinky things. Keep in mind, hauling a 90#'er on a string sucks, you'll likely want a crab block equipped boat to go along with this thing.

$200 OBO.

Back