Cali Kid Corals

DBTC Battlestar archelia

Thanks for the frag Dylan. It was great meeting you. My wife, daughter and I really enjoyed talking to you about your awesome tank.
(After leaving your house we walked down to the beach and had a great time) :bigsmile:

alve said:
I did a search for galaxea but I couldn't find anything similar to this one, they all looked very different. The info I found about galaxea says LPS. Is this Battlestar galaxea LPS? Looks like an SPS with big polyps :) Very cool looking though!
That would be due to it not being a Galaxia sp. sp. but rather Archelia sp. :)

bookfish said:
That's an archelia horrescens. It was recently renamed from galaxea horrescens. The colony Gresham gave me (Thx G!) is forest green branches w/ light brown/ tan polyps. HTH.-Jim

Most info is still under the old name unfortunately. I still can't find the reference to it's reclassification though, still searching!

And I don't recall "giving" it to you.....or should I call you James?????

By give, he ment that he threatened to dremel your skull while pressing your face into an old cardboard box and posting it on youtube. His coral fragging was merely a veiled disguise of a threat!!!

Mine is doing well in my BioCube 14 w/stock lighting.

Unknown12-26-09.jpg

In case anyone is trying to look up the coral, it's actually spelled archohelia horrescens, from the same genus as Jason's archohelia rediviva. HTH

GreshamH said:
bookfish said:
That's an archelia horrescens. It was recently renamed from galaxea horrescens. The colony Gresham gave me (Thx G!) is forest green branches w/ light brown/ tan polyps. HTH.-Jim

Most info is still under the old name unfortunately. I still can't find the reference to it's reclassification though, still searching!

And I don't recall "giving" it to you.....or should I call you James?????
OUCH!
But ok, I'll sell any of Greshams coral for $10 a frag!!
LOL

No longer have. Met its end by either a green shroom or candy cane. I believe it was the candy cane, which seems to send out its tentacles whenever something is near.

Back