Reef nutrition

DBTC-OIX Acropora Tortusa (Becker Tort)

sfsuphysics

Supporting Member
Ok It's Xtreme... after seeing that Tyree's site is selling "small fragments" for over a hundred a pop, I'll call it Xtreme... if anything to please Norman :)

I got a 1" frag from NAA before AEFW wiped out his mother colony, if any of you remember it from his "pretty tank"

Unfortunately that red algae is really doing a number right at the center, I'm manually yanking and yanking and not winning much ground, and I'm tempted to chop off all the non "infected" arms and just start over, so I probably can make a few frags of this.
It seems to be a much deeper blue/purple than the rest of my torts, I have seen a greenish base to it when it was younger but that has all but gone away, also the polyps seem to be a very light blue which really contrasts nicely. I'm unsure if this is Oregon/Cali/Beckett/Bennett/Whatever tort though.

RULES:
Must have good experience with SPS, this isn't a "hard" coral to keep by any means, but sticking it in a cycling tank ain't gonna cut it.
AND
Must have put at least one Acropora or other "stick" coral (or a higher idaho grape platiing/encrusting ;)) into the DBTC OR Returned at least 3 SPS corals you got. (Either of the above please link to the thread(s) that you did)
AND
Return this to at least 2 others before doing anything with it for your own benefit.
AND
Progress reports via pictures on a monthly basis if possible (this is rather fast growing beast for a Tort, I'm curious if others have the same experience)
AND
Most important rule.... If I lose my whole colony I get a frag back from you, I'm put at the top of the list, regardless of other waiting lists, even if you already gave your 2 other pieces out even if you are Steve Tyree himself with his 3 year waiting lists for frags!

Oh, and speed of posts does not guarantee top spot in the pool of applicants.
You can see the red poofy in the picture, but any pieces I cut will be poof free :)

I honestly don't know what kind of tort it is other than the Acropora kind :D, one of Steve's helpers bagged the frag up, and I wasn't a "regular" customer there to know the lineage of what he had. So unless someone knows that lineage that tort was I'd rather not label it.

Oh, ok... So I'll call it a Becker tort! I have no idea if that's an extreme though :D

Maybe I should rename it NSNSX :D'

Roy's up for one.

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=3077.msg33257#msg33257 date=1202946806]
Ok It's Xtreme... after seeing that Tyree's site is selling "small fragments" for over a hundred a pop, I'll call it Xtreme... if anything to please Norman :)
[/quote]

Ok, Captain Underpants, does this mean you'll stop naming corals after childrens underwear? :D

http://www.pilkey.com/bookview.php?id=30&pg=print

Norman, no it does not :p

BTW, is this a nice enough candidate for the Manhatten Reefs care package? I totally dig it if it's not "up to standards" but if it is a ga-ga as the price is *laugh*, I'll save a piece. Just it's been "my piece" for almost 2 years, so it's nothing really special just a really pretty dark blue :D

Mike, hook me up with the shavings or something if it breaks off from a side branch or something when fragging. I actually want to see how it looks/grows in versus the CA and oregon tort.

Ok I fragged the sucker, didn't throw anything away since I still saw blue growth even in the clump of algae, so figure those would be good for those who want a "shaving" :D

Roy: So I got a frag for you, I have wider thicker piece, or a longer skinnier piece (the thicker piece is much more blue)

Eric: I have a chunk for you as well.

So I know all you guys are at the MARS swap right now, but whenever you get the chance let me know when/where you want to pick it up. Haven't decided if I'm going to the BOD meeting yet, again depends upon my workload come next week, however it is plausible I'll show up, if you'd like to pick up there that's fine, or swing by my place if that's more convenient :D

Couldn't make the Mars swap. I'll be at the BOD meeting though. If you can't make it, I can wait until the next meet.

Oh, and Roy... haven't heard back from you... you still interested? I need to move these frags fairly quickly, they're not as vibrant of a blue on the bottom of my tank.

Mike, are you gonna be able to make the BOD meeting? If so, I'll pick it up there. If not, I'll figure something out.

I'm really going to make an honest effort, translation: Screw the homework if it doesn't get graded! :D

So yeah I'll most likely be there.

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=3077.msg36523#msg36523 date=1204835870]
Oh, and Roy... haven't heard back from you... you still interested? I need to move these frags fairly quickly, they're not as vibrant of a blue on the bottom of my tank.

[/quote]

Mike, Sorry I have been busy and I just cameback from my biz trip. I am not sure if I ca make it in this meeting as I went to MARS swap last week, then flew red eye for biz trip until yesterday. I don't think my wife and kids will be happy if I go again for this meeting. I will try though. If Norman agree, can you hand in to Norman and I will pick it up next weekend or something, since you want to move the frag ASAP. If I can make it, I will show up and get it from you.

Back