got ethical husbandry?

DBTC Raspberry Milli

alve

I have 1 Raspberry Milli frag available for pick up at the February meeting. This is the picture of the "colony". The frag will be one branch:

RasberryMilli.jpg

Rules:
- Pick a number between 1 and 20
- You agree to return at least 2 frags to DBTC before selling or trading
- You have a tank thread and are able to keep SPS
- You agree to give a frag back to me if my tank crashes or I lose the colony

[quote author=Euphyllia link=topic=5712.msg71604#msg71604 date=1230342618]
#18 if 110watts of PC lighting will keep it alive.
[/quote]
assuming your tank is ready under 2 months, I would try something hardy like digi then onto the harder stuff.

[quote author=Euphyllia link=topic=5712.msg71614#msg71614 date=1230353181]
I think I'm jumping straight into harder stuff since I'm getting an anemone...
[/quote]

ok :-

[quote author=Euphyllia link=topic=5712.msg71614#msg71614 date=1230353181]
I think I'm jumping straight into harder stuff since I'm getting an anemone...
[/quote]

Euphyllia, I don't really understand your way of thinking. You just set up your tank today.
The meeting is less then 2 months from now so your tank will barely be cycled. Why would you jump into "harder stuff" and not start with something easy and see first how it is going? Why risk the survival chance of coral or anemone? I have noticed in a lot of your threads that you don't seem to have a lot of patience and that is what this hobby is all about.
I would like to advice you the same as so many other people already did: take it slow and easy and you will have a lot of success. Rushing things in this hobby is asking for problems.

#111111111111111million... just playin

I just wanted to give a big bump to Aldie for donating a nice coral. We totally understand your frustration on giving a piece of something your cherish, only to end up into someones hands that not ready for it.

I think the problem we have is not knowing everyones level of experience on propagating these corals. We assumes that IF someone request for it, that THEY are qualified. How could we tell who is qualified?

Euphyllia, i think you should listen to the other guys and take it slow. Anemone is alot more tolerable to water chemistry and lighting change than SPS. If you like i could give you some trial sps frag (harder type). This way, you could gauge if your tank is ready for it or not.

Just my two cents...

Well, I've decided to only put in a rose anemone and some polyps and that sort of stuff. I am, however, looking for any rose anemone. so if anybody has one for $50, I could get it in April's meeting

That sounds like a good decision. I applaud you for being willing to wait, I know it's tough. It'll be better for the animals involved. Thank you

Definitely a good decision! Keep up your tank thread and progress. Once you are able to keep SPS successfully I will offer you the next available frag of this Milli.

And my son picked the number... 15: Badbread. Do you want me to bring it to the February meeting or do you want to pick up at my house Jay?

Back