DBTC-X Palmer's Blue Milli

Discussion in 'DBTC - SPS' started by rleechb, Aug 1, 2008.

statistics
No Transactions
None
Please email your web administrator with a link to this thread if you want to add this thread to the DBTC database!!
  1. rleechb

rleechb Guest

I've been MIA for a while, due to some dinoflagellates from hell (which have made my corals lose color, due to photoperiod reduction), but things are finally picking back up...

Anyways, I've got 2 frags of Palmer's blue milli for pickup at the August 9th swap.

Coral isn't as colorful as it once was, due to the aforementioned, but here's an old pic:

[​IMG]

Pick a # between 1-20.

Pest-free, but I suggest dipping regardless. Standard DBTC rules apply.

2. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Lucky 13 because my blue mille (which Jeremy is the only person who has it) was the only other mille that has come close to Palmer in blueness.

3. vapormd

vapormd Guest

Nice addition Ray, wish I could get my frag to look like the one in your pic!

4. sfsuphysics

Yeah what lighting do you have it under? I seem to recall Palmer kept his under 10,000K reeflux bulbs which ironically are the same ones I had that made my blue mille pop like crazy

5. LeviT

LeviT Guest

Man that is a sexy blue!

6. rleechb

rleechb Guest

Hehe, trust me, she doesn't look like that any more. It's faded a ton from lack of light (went 3 days without light every week for over 2 months).

It was and still is under 250w phoenix bulbs. :)

7. That baby is gorgeous!!! I would love one!!! I'll go with #14! Thanks a lot!!! Should be fine under a 150wt mh, right? Thanks again!

8. Dyngoe

Dyngoe Guest

OK, I'm going for 16. That's my boy's bday. Lucky once at least.

9. rleechb

rleechb Guest

Well, since there's only 3 people requesting, I'll just make 3 frags for pickup tomorrow @ the swap (don't want to leave anyone out).

I'll be the Asian guy.

-Ray

P.S. I'll be wearing jeans, and a black shirt that says "Down" on it ;)

10. Sweet!!! Thanks Ray!!!

11. Dyngoe

Dyngoe Guest

NIIIICCCCEEE! That's very cool of you!

I'll find you.

12. sfsuphysics

Groovy! Asian guy... shouldn't be hard to spot, maybe be a little more specific for some, you got black hair & brown eyes? :D

I'll have a staff tshirt on, but I'll try to keep an eye out for Asian guy, black shirt, "down"

13. Elite

Elite Guest

Asian dude with a wife ;D..

14. Hey Ray! Coral is doing great it is actually a neon green color right now! Should start to go blue soon! Danny is still lagging like crazy!!!

15. sfsuphysics

Ok, it's melting onto the plug, and I can make 1 frag of this, maybe 2 if you don't mind a small frag. No rules were posted so I'll assume I need to pass on 2 frags, pick up at the October meeting only.

As mentioned it was really bleached out when he gave it to me (first picture below), however from the second you can see it's really getting to be a deep purple, I have it under 14k hamiltons though not Reeflux bulbs which Palmer kept his under, and these bulbs are nearly a year old. Pictures are 1 month apart, hard to tell vertical growth on the larger branch though because it's pointing right at the camera, but I'm happy with the growth

16. euod

euod Supporting Member

I can some blue in my tank. If I may please. Thanks.

17. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

recoloring is coming along nicely on that one mike!

18. sfsuphysics

Euod, it's not blue yet.. just purple though. Oh yeah pick a number between 1 and 10... just in case there's a run on the coral.

19. euod

euod Supporting Member

20. sfsuphysics

And the number was...#4...

Sorry Euod you lost ;)

You going to the meeting this Saturday I take it? If so I'll bring you a piece