Kessil

DBTC-X Palmer's Blue Milli

Well bad news is I can't take pictures through the acrylic for shit anymore... I honestly don't know what it is, it looks fine and focused through the viewfinder/lcd screen, yet the picture itself looks quite blurry, and that is with a tripod too. Unfortunately the top down shot only shows lateral growth and not vertical... but I can take pictures like that without blur.

good news, is this thing is a growing beast! As you can see in the picture the frag plug is completely covered by now (about a month growth from the last picture), what you can't see is that the frag is "dripping" (for lack of a better word off the sides of the frag plug, it's just looking for some big rock to cling to and become master of the universe! Also I had a before I fragged picture the last time, I fragged it about halfway up right above that larger coralite on the right branch, well it's more than made up for that growing back with larger coralites. Also the picture doesn't do it justice, but it has a blue color that is very similar to the original Palmer, and this isn't under Reeflux bulbs either, there are a lot of polyps so the whole thing isn't that super blue, but I'm sure if I gave it a good thump and the polyps retracted it'd be quite blue. Unfortunately I'm still trying to get "true to sight" colors from this new lighting setup I'm using, so the coral looks more purple than blue in the picture.

To shoot through acrylic/glass without optical distortion, you need to shoot with the optical axis normal to the surface (all physicie for Mr Physics)

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=4221.msg64962#msg64962 date=1227049099]
Well bad news is I can't take pictures through the acrylic for shit anymore... I honestly don't know what it is, it looks fine and focused through the viewfinder/lcd screen, yet the picture itself looks quite blurry, and that is with a tripod too. [/quote]

That happened to my point and shot camera too, until I decided to reset the camera to factory setting.

Also, sometime the lense is dirty and it just won't auto focus.

[quote author=reefstud link=topic=4221.msg86993#msg86993 date=1236499021]
can i buy one from you since i always late to the dbtc
[/quote]

It's better if you post a WTB thread in a sell/trade forum. This is DBTC. There is no Selling/Buying or Trading here.

Rather than start a new thead i will use Ray's i have 3 frags of palmers blue milli
here is a old pic
IMG_1085.jpg

Brianbigoats said:
Rather than start a new thead i will use Ray's i have 3 frags of palmers blue milli

Brian, is this a unique chain? If so, we need to split it off to a new thread for unique chain tracking.

Back