got ethical husbandry?

December 11th BAR meeting Pot Luck Food items

We should do a abalone dive club event. I usually go every year but missed it this year. A club dive could be fun... followed by a BBQ with our spoils :)

Mr. Ugly said:
Steve, I'll protect you from the abalone!

Even if I have to eat all of it raw with wasabi and soy sauce :D

It's even better with a Korean dipping sauce my friend made. I wish I knew exactly what the sauce was...

zambavi said:
We should do a abalone dive club event. I usually go every year but missed it this year. A club dive could be fun... followed by a BBQ with our spoils :)

The season is over until April. :(

Yep... can't believe I missed going this year... Usually go in August/September. O'well... I'll be sure to make it happen this next year.

GreshamH said:
Mr. Ugly said:
Steve, I'll protect you from the abalone!

Even if I have to eat all of it raw with wasabi and soy sauce :D

It's even better with a Korean dipping sauce my friend made. I wish I knew exactly what the sauce was...

Not some sort of variety or mix of Ponzu sauce was it?

Just looked that up and it sounds like it was just that, thanks :)

Not sure if this was already said somewhere but I've not stumbled accross it. Is the potuck happening prior to the 1pm event or at 1pm?

In the past, it has been the normal meeting schedule. Some people would get there earlier than normal to get their food stuff setup.
/jealous.

GreshamH said:
Just looked that up and it sounds like it was just that, thanks :)
Might not be specifically Korean.

More like one of those generic asian dip concoctions. They all look alike, y'know :D

It's good on rice noodles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rice_noodle_roll

If you're going to make that dip, heat up your oil on the stove until it barely starts to smoke. Let it cool off and add your other items. A couple drops of sesame oil is good too. A little Tabasco or vinegar even.

Back