Reef nutrition

Derek's 225g - Stressing over Anemones

Drove all the way to Sac to get the Kole I was looking for! Set him up in a dedicated tank that a friend loaned me. He’s still stressed and shy from from the trip:
IMG_1167.jpeg

Quick tank tour video. Everything going good. Some new SPS added - banked for an OG. The chunky little homewrecker frag I got from a local reefer is starting to take off too.

Last edited:
The clarkii has developed a habit of snuggling up in the “fold” created at the top of the haddoni. He just sits there motionless and peeps out.

Pretty adorable:

IMG_1232.jpeg

IMG_1235.jpeg

IMG_1234.jpeg

IMG_1233.jpeg

The clowns on the other end of the tank continue to spawn regularly. Here’s a vid of them tending to the eggs (female still laying some I think):

@BAYMAC the Kole came from a nice lady named Liz

Last edited:
Did a major rescape the other day. Pulled every single rock (caught out a couple fish in the process), moved the Mag to the center for more light and flow, and put everything back in. It was a big job but it was time. FTS:
IMG_1302 (1).jpg

I have also been experimenting with a Jebao SOW20 ($67!!!). The 2x XF350 gyres move a lot of water, but I've always missed the standing wave I had in my last tank and want to recreate it. The Jebao does this, even at a very low setting. Really blown away by this thing - it's the size of a softball and has an ugly/outdated controller but man it can move some water.

These standing waves are awesome because they essentially move every last bit of water in the entire tank. It's what a Tunze wavebox is designed to do but you can do it with any pump if you get the pulse frequency right for your tank length. Here's a video of the 1" wave I'm getting in a 6ft tank with just the Jebao on one end:

Last edited:
Looks good! and your water is always looking crystal clear.

Big fan of the wave and its dead-spot killing abilities. I use the wave box and absolutely love it. Blocked one of my return outlets to be able to utilize it. Glad I did.

Looks good! and your water is always looking crystal clear.

Big fan of the wave and its dead-spot killing abilities. I use the wave box and absolutely love it. Blocked one of my return outlets to be able to utilize it. Glad I did.
That acrylic clarity ;)

Back