Cali Kid Corals

Dolphin has great deals on maxima's

LordHelmet

Supporting Member
Tyler has a shipment of small maximas (1" to 2") that are truly beautiful for an amazing price. ($32) I picked up 2 myself and will post pics.

also look at his multi colored pocillopora. awsome.

Chris

They are, but I've success with them. Put them into a bowl lined with 1" of sand, and then bowl feed them once a week by taking the whole bowl out of the water and squirt some phyto into the bowl, let the bowl sit outside of the tank for 10 minutes for the clam to feed and then put the whole thing back into the tank. The main thing with small clams is "don't disturb them by moving them around" thats why I use the bowl feed method so the clam can be fed without being disturbed.

oh Lord, it would be nice to have some pix and price range :D

hmmmmm - good thing I work only 15 minutes away from them.....must resist small clams. but its ok to look right?

Oh heck yeah it is. I was there earlier. :p

Didn't pick up any clams since they weren't the colors that I was looking for. I think Chris took all the nice green ones. Ended up picking up a couple of sps frags and a favia of some sort.

Couldn't resist... :D

pinkgreen_pocillopora_041808.jpg

It's a pink pocillopora with green polyps. I dipped it and placed it into the tank before the polyps came out, but you can see the green in some of the polyps. I usually pass on pocillopora, but it looks good and couldn't beat the $25 price tag.

Tyler's picture is different from mine since he runs different bulbs in his setup. Here's his picture of it; same frag, just different angle.
DiegoPics015.jpg

He had three frags of it when I got there, so there should be two left. Let me know if you're interested, Tony. I could probably go back and nab a piece for you.

I'm probably one of the few that have never grown a pocillopora. That one certainly is striking and well worth the $25 IMO.

Eric,
If you end up back over there, could you pick up one of the poccis for me? If you don't make it, I'll check Sun or Mon. Thanks, Steve

yet that pocci was striking. i was looking through his tanks and saw it and mentioned it to him. he was so proud of it, it is the best pocci i have seen by far. very very nice coral.

Back