Drunkm0nk3y's IM Nano Fusion 20

Discussion in 'Tank Journals' started by Drunkm0nk3y, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Drunkm0nk3y

Drunkm0nk3y Guest

Background

I had an ADA 60f that was running pretty well till I got a nasty outbreak of Dino Algae. After trying to fight it I decided to just break it down and start over. but this time with a IM Fusion 20 tank.

[​IMG]Nano reef November 2014 by Carlo Apalis, on Flickr

Equipment List:

Tank: Innovative Marine Nuvo Fusion 20

Lights: Kessil a360we with Kessil goose neck and 90 degree adaptor. paired up with Kessil Spectral Controller

Flow: Vortec Mp10

Return: Sicce 1.5 & 2 SpinStream Nozzle

Heater: Eheim Jager 100W

Skimmer: IM Ghost Desktop Skimmer

Reactor: IM MiniMax Reactor Desktop - Running Aquamaxx GFO.

ATO: Tunze 3152 Nano & 5 gallon Jug

Controller: Neptune Apex JR with PM1

Stand: Ikea Besta Frame. with doors and legs

Rock: Real Reef Rock Cycled from LFS

Misc: 2x InTank Media Baskets. Chemi Pure Elite , Purigen, Two Little Fishes Nano Glass Cleaner. Red Sea Coral Pro Salt

Transferred most of my coral over and made a DIY frag rack. My Clownfish and Gbta is happy.

[​IMG]NanoReef-4.jpg by Carlo Apalis, on Flickr

2. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

Hey welcome!

Saw your post on facebook. Nice tank!

Youll see with barebottoms that snails poop alotttttt.

Im digging the nuvo im fusions. Was planning on getting your exact tank for a cuttlefish/frag tank but decided not to.

FYI you can beat dinoflagellates. A couple of people on here have dealt with and beat it.

So if you run into dinoflaggelates again, post here and theyll let ya know how they got rid of it.

Drunkm0nk3y likes this.
  3. Drunkm0nk3y

Drunkm0nk3y Guest

omg now you tell me. lol I added some snails over the weekend. and bam! snail poop everywhere. but at least i can just clean it when I do my weekly water changes. problem solved.

4. Drunkm0nk3y

Drunkm0nk3y Guest

oh yea I also added this Acan this weekend from Diablo Corals, and a nice Anthias Fish.

[​IMG]Untitled by Carlo Apalis, on Flickr

Ahruk likes this.
  5. Vhuang168

Vhuang168 Supporting Member

Anthias get big in a 20g n they get mean. You might have issues introducing more docile fish after this.

Nice tank! Was also 1 of my choices when I was researching what to buy for my 1st tank.

6. Drunkm0nk3y

Drunkm0nk3y Guest

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. he seems to be fine currently with the Clownfish, as they were both swimming together. But none the less Im only adding one more fish, then more coral.

Carlo

7. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

That acan is sick! I might get one this saturday when we head up there to Diablo.

8. Vhuang168

Vhuang168 Supporting Member

Bleeding rainbow?

9. Drunkm0nk3y

Drunkm0nk3y Guest

could be. lol but it looks so nice. Its my new favorite coral!

10. Drunkm0nk3y

Drunkm0nk3y Guest

Another update this week. I just added one more fish and a torch coral. dont have a picture of the Fire Fish, but here is the torch that i took this morning.

obviously the picture is not greatest. did some editing on the flickr app

[​IMG]Untitled by Carlo Apalis, on Flickr

11. 650-IS350

650-IS350 Supporting Member

Drunkm0nk3y likes this.
  12. Drunkm0nk3y

Drunkm0nk3y Guest

13. Drunkm0nk3y

Drunkm0nk3y Guest

Enderturtle likes this.
  14. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

That plastic lip on your vortech is neat. Why is it there though?

You got one of their branching gold hammers. Those ones are cool.

15. Drunkm0nk3y

Drunkm0nk3y Guest

@Enderturtle its a PicoAquariums Shallow Shield. I had it on my ada 60f to help stop sucking in air when its too close to the top. I figured i try it out on the IM 20 to see if it makes a difference.

Yea that Branching Gold Hammer is dope! It was 60 per head, and I asked for a good size 1 head and it turns out they give me a 2 head Hammer.

Enderturtle likes this.
  16. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

Yeah man look closely at those frags at california reef co.

When they first put them out, they might be single, but corals grow as they're sitting there. Also Matt's a super nice guy and will usually hook you up. There's a 3 polyp frag of White Velvets for 40$, started as a single. Saw this one guy pick up a 3-4 polyp frag of ultimate chaos zoas for 60$ before. If it's in a priced rack, they usually will sell it at that price even if there are extra polyps.