Reef nutrition

dual colors frogspawn

If some of the tips are green, and some are pink/tan, does that make it a bi-color? Yours looks that way and so does mine. Or is bi-color where one head has green tips, and the other has pink/tan?

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=6583.msg84869#msg84869 date=1235701360]
[size=12pt]...

Euphyllia, in the hobby [size=16pt]any[/size] type of branching Euphyllia is [size=16pt]not [/size] considered rare ..

...[/size]

[/quote]

While we are on the topic, I was thinking of fragging my frogspawn (the one I posted the picture of). I would take a small head out of the front center area of it. Do you think that will make it look ok :) or ugly :p? If I do decide to frag it, do I need to do anything special? I got some 6" sharp bone cutters from foster and smith to frag it with. I have 1.5" frag disc and some super glue. Anything else I need to do to it to keep it healthy/frag it correctly?

branching frogspawn is easy to frag. Just break the branch off. Bone cutter works well. You can glue it to the rock or frag plug using super glue.

If you want to frag I'd wait a a little bit until the branches stretch out a little bit more for easy clipping. Trust me, you'll find more than one person that wants to grow your FS out, it's a green one ;)

[quote author=hiepatitis link=topic=6583.msg84897#msg84897 date=1235705469]
I don't see how the coral is dual colored. Am I trippin?
[/quote]

Which one?

Ok I think I'll take your suggestion and wait. I give the tank Iodine, Strontium, and Molybdenum every week and him and my Australian hammer seem to love that. How long do you think it will take for the branches to grow out more? Will the tank's size effect the growth rate?

If you fragging, look at the top pic. The branch on the right is ok to cut. Just dont cut into the flesh. Of course it's better to wait for a while since your piece isn't that big anyway.

Hiep, look at the tips. It's one head but some are green and some are pinkish..

Just be patient, I crack up sometimes when I go home and see what I think is stagnant growth, then go to a customers house after a month and say "my what big growth you have" while I stare at my tank every day. After all those years in the the hobby I still need to be reminded of the patience that it takes to grow a reef, I guess that's why I'm so hooked on the whole thing :)

[quote author=hiepatitis link=topic=6583.msg84897#msg84897 date=1235705469]
I don't see how the coral is dual colored. Am I trippin?
[/quote]

Yes, there's some dual colored action going on :D

Just saying, but the pics I posted aren't current. The part you suggest me to frag is what I was going to, but last month it shrunk. So I'm going to wait for a while and frag it. I'm sure it will make a great DBTC! :)

Back