Neptune Aquatics

Elite 12G

Next week I will replace the pump. Empty the water so I can close the bottom and middle slots. Relocate the Tunze so it doesn't blow sand all over the place.
Here is some pics for today ;D ..

Cable mess.. I will clean it up next week.
cablesmess.jpg

Controller reading.
controller.jpg

Just got a bunch of macroalgae from Alan today. I'm using it to cycle the tank. I will remove the chaeto when it's done. Oh the water is not clear because I keep messing with the pump. The sand are too fine.
chaeto.jpg

Coraline :eek: .. (I need a macro len. A $700 len can't take macro shot >:( )
coraline.jpg

Temp shows this morning is 78.3. I guess that's a good thing.

Does anyone know how to calibrate Jager heater? Can you calibrate this thing?

I am using the neptune to controller the heater. Just incase the controller goes nut and leave the heater turn on. I'm setting the heater at 77 but it doesn't turn off when the temp is around 83-84.

Yeah but I just bought this one. It supposes to be fairly new. There gotta to be a way to calibrate the heater. I will search for the instruction :) ..

I found the intruction on how to calibrate the Jager heater :)
1) Put your heater in sump water of a known temperature for 30 minutes.
2) Turn the heater dial clockwise until the lamp turns on.
3) SLOWLY turn the dial counter clockwise until the lamp just turns off.
4) Using a flathead screw driver pry the calibration button on the top, as clearly shown in the picture above, until the button pops up.
5) Turn the heater dial so it points to the known temperature of the water the heater was in and forcefully push the calibration button back in.

:D ;D

I do have a controller but I want to make sure the heater works correctly too. What happen if you controller goes nut and your heater doesn't turn off when it suppose to? Talking about cooking your tank. Mine would be really fast because it's only 12G ..

I have a Neptune ACJr. When it works, it works great but sometimes it does goes nut >:( .. Yup better be safe than sorry ;) ..

So when are you going to hook me up with some nice coral?? ;D .. OH BTW, do you still want the 24" T5 light? I'm going to clean up my patio soon. I have way to many stuff that I don't use.

Back