Kessil

Elos 120 (liter)

JAR's Oregon Tort "Lookin' good"
Weirdo pink/violet mega-bird's nest growing like a weed
"Wow, do I love blue/purple and green blastos" continues to amaze me
P1000717.jpg

P1000704.jpg

P1000710.jpg

That purple & green blasto is sick! Nice coloring and the purple really contrasts with the green. I haven't seen that one before, where'd you get in? Regarding the previous photo, you're on your way to a serious acro forest.

CookieJar said:
That purple & green blasto is sick! Nice coloring and the purple really contrasts with the green. I haven't seen that one before, where'd you get in? Regarding the previous photo, you're on your way to a serious acro forest.
Our good buddy and fellow reefer: Mr. Yard Artist donated that one to The Hall of Blastos. We had a mad-sawing session at his place a few weeks back and lots of new blastos "fell off the truck" into my tank. :glasses:

yardartist said:
I picked it up from Jason, Eight. Your lighting is wicked.
Mid day temp in the kitchen (tank room) gets REAL hot when all lights are on and the outside temp gets above 80. The only other thing in the house that radiates that much heat is the 50" Plasma.

screebo said:
yardartist said:
I picked it up from Jason, Eight. Your lighting is wicked.
Mid day temp in the kitchen (tank room) gets REAL hot when all lights are on and the outside temp gets above 80. The only other thing in the house that radiates that much heat is the 50" Plasma.

I sense another led conversion coming up? :D

xcaret said:
Jeez John !!

Your tank is going to make Neptune's jealous.
Thanks, Mario. It will be fun and challenging to rearrange the acros and millis as they grow out. Nearly everything looks just fine for now and my son, Eric, did a fine job of keeping all livestock happy while I was in Fiji for two weeks. He's a reef natural!

CookieJar said:
Corals looking real good -watermelon looks happy. What's the SPS w/ green polyps? garf bonzai or tri-color acro?
Garf Bonsai from Jim at Green Marine. The polyps have extended a bit more but it's a famously slow grower. :)

Screebo's BAR member of the day nomination: Bill, "The Cookie Jar" for graciously donating the following very, very happy and very cool purple gonipora to my tank. This one nicely complements the bright fuchsia colored frag that Bill awarded me earlier this month and a shocking green goni received at the same time as this magnificent Purple specimen. Thanks Bill, my new best friend! :D
P1010114.jpg

Also of notable mention is this incredible blasto that Richard, The Yard Artist gave me a while back. It just keeps looking more intense and fluffy every day.
P1010128.jpg

Lastly, who-the-hell is this interloper? He thinks he's a moray and likely ate the boa feather dusters that resided in the tube only a few days ago!
He's Bosco, the blenny with an attitude. My Midas blenny had to teach him a lesson when he tried exercising "Squatter's Rights in it's favorite reef crack. (don't say it! :O ) He took the little blenny in his jaws and swam him away from the sweet spot. No more issues between the two after that.
P1010115.jpg

John is the dendro sprouting side buds? One of those you cut up has eight sides and two others have three each.

The purple center on the blasto is fine. Mine are just the pale blue yet.

yardartist said:
John is the dendro sprouting side buds? One of those you cut up has eight sides and two others have three each.

The purple center on the blasto is fine. Mine are just the pale blue yet.
It's big as a moose and eats like a horse.

Edited to announce: It's two baby buds! Ahhhhhh
My Dendro is having babies! Thanks for bringing my attention to it.

Please ignore the cyano bloom. I forgot to change media in my GFO reactor for a few weeks. 8-(. It's clearing up pretty fact and nearly always shows up when I change the bio load significantly. With that disclaimer, notice the nice growth on the purple floppy bumpy watermelon chalice. Those zoas that are working their way around it's pedistal are pretty cool and I have a mini mother colony of them to be passed out very soon. They are rich mocha brown with bright green star centers. Some of my oldest strain. You'll also see the green gonipora that I mentioned but did have a good pic until now. Thanks again, Bill. BTW, I moved all the gonis to the substrate as that's where I'm getting the greatest head extension. The Aussi Golden Eye chalice is also really taking off. I bought it over a year ago from Chris at Aquatic Central. A somewhat rare chalice that a few BAR members have around. I did repeats shots of the mini blasto from Yard Artist and the purple goni from Cookie Jar because they just keep looking better and better.
FloppyPurpleWatermelonfromDerek.jpg

GreenGoniporafromBill.jpg

AusiGoldeneyeChalicefromChrisatAC.jpg

PurpleGoniporafromBill.jpg

YABlasto.jpg

Back