Cali Kid Corals

EXPANSION

Congrats @robert4025 ! I saw that Shawn at Fritz said there's a 10:1 ratio of fresh to saltwater tanks post pandemic in his most recent video (no idea how accurate those data are) but interesting nonetheless and crossing my fingers that your business strengthens as well!

Hopefully it keeps that MC Aquatics (another group gobbling up hobby businesses) away from the Bay Area, sounds like they're taking over lots of places across the country from owners leaving the hobby.

Robert, which version are they and how much do they run? How far off the water surface are they mounted?

View attachment 53875

I was considering the 360 on my office tank. Kessil won't get back to me on which would be best lol.
Ian…I have the W500BD (barn door). They are mounted about 6ft above the water line. Probably going to run them at about 30% intensity only though.

W500BD = $1150 (light and power supply)
W360BD = $805 (light and power supply)

Track and DMX controller still needs to be purchased separately based on your configuration. You only need one controller. Multiple tracks can be linked.

Ian…I have the W500BD (barn door). They are mounted about 6ft above the water line. Probably going to run them at about 30% intensity only though.

Track and DMX controller still needs to be purchased separately based on your configuration. You only need one controller. Multiple tracks can be linked.
I think @Cbruno80 uses the W500S on his tank. They look awesome so great plan Robert! It looks so clean with nothing attached to top of the tanks, way more like a museum or public aquarium.

@iani check with Cos cause Brendan the Kessil rep is frequently at his store. He's really helpful.

I think @Cbruno80 uses the W500S on his tank. They look awesome so great plan Robert! It looks so clean with nothing attached to top of the tanks, way more like a museum or public aquarium.

@iani check with Cos cause Brendan the Kessil rep is frequently at his store. He's really helpful.

Hanging lights way above the tank seems to be the new trend right now. I really dig the clean and uncluttered look above the tank. The betta version of W500N Tuna Blue’s I have in the shop are still going strong. They are running at about 20% only though. That’s how strong they are, even 4ft above the tank.

IMG_2465.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2465.jpeg
    IMG_2465.jpeg
    73.5 KB · Views: 20

How high is that light mounted off your tank and what size will the tank be? I'm thinking the BD may be too much spread for me.

I'll ask if I am ever over there, I just don't make it to many LFSs anymore. Kids keep us too busy.

I'll ask if I am ever over there, I just don't make it to many LFSs anymore. Kids keep us too busy.
Just email kessil@kessil.com then, tell them you liked what you saw at these two LFSs and they can answer your questions on what to get. Helps them know that their good work with stores here is getting noticed too.

Wow Robert that’s big project and an amazing job at it so far. Making my back hurt looking at the before and after pics.

I just hope this doesn’t divert attention from the saltwater/reef focus and expertise your team have, seems like something to watch out for.

I agree I like the look of the roof-mounted lights. Also should help resolve the issue of way too much light at the top vs not enough at the bottom of the tank issue we usually have. On the con side, also will have less light reflecting deeper from the glass.

Back