Our mission

FINALLY GOT THE PAR METER AND THIS ARE MY RESULTS

1000019686.jpg
1000019685.jpg
1000019684.jpg

Par readings at 85% intensity, will that burn the leds on the radions, and how long should my acclimation be from 50% to 85%??

Thank you

You have nice par readings, what is the height of that tank?? I knew the radions had better spread, however I didn't know par output wasn't as good, meaning I will need to add some type of light to help them. My question is how can low light bleach a sps, and gonoes not opening up??
Not my tank, just grabbed a photo off Google image search as an example.

SPS bleaching could be a number of things though, but your close up pictures I saw don't look like bleaching, more like recession/stress/bad polyp extension.

Next time you check ID be intrested to know what you get directly under the lights 1 in under surface, and whats the rough distance from water line to top of your rocks?

Not my tank, just grabbed a photo off Google image search as an example.

SPS bleaching could be a number of things though, but your close up pictures I saw don't look like bleaching, more like recession/stress/bad polyp extension.
Thank you once, I get the par right. Stability is going to be my main focus

350 inch below water and top is about 14 inches from light. At a intensity is at 85%
I also have a 50 watt nicrew on my im15, and 8-10 Inches above surface, at 1 under water line at 100% I got a reading of like 800
Down another 6-7 inches I was able to get 300/350 at 100%, 250 at 55%.

Biocube if I recall is about 550 1 inch under water.

I also have a 50 watt nicrew on my im15, and 8-10 Inches above surface, at 1 under water line at 100% I got a reading of like 800
Down another 6-7 inches I was able to get 300/350 at 100%, 250 at 55%.

Biocube if I recall is about 550 1 inch under water.
That's nice, I regret getting the radions, should of stayed with my hydras

You can always consider supplmenting your lights with light bars of some type, if you wanna acheive desiered par levels while not having to running your lights at 100%.
True I've known about them, but honestly before I got the radions I wouldn't expect a light in their price range would need extras to give decent par

Can you measure the power (watt) the 2x XR15 at 80% (or whatever percentage you are using) ? In my tank, using kessil and reefi, at max intensity period, i'm pulling 320W combined on a 4ft tank will get me ~400 PAR at 6-8inch under water.

True I've known about them, but honestly before I got the radions I wouldn't expect a light in their price range would need extras to give decent par
You could consider the Nicrew plus Quanta bar combo that Telegraham recommends probably for the price you could sell the Radions for. Or a couple ReeFi uno 2.0s if you want PAR monsters.

Yes I definitely take your point lmao I would expect I Wouldn’t need more at their price point either. But I would definitely get light bars if you plan to keep what you have so you don’t prematurely risk burning them out. Or you could always trade or sell to get different ones.

Back