Neptune Aquatics

FINALLY GOT THE PAR METER AND THIS ARE MY RESULTS

You could consider the Nicrew plus Quanta bar combo that Telegraham recommends probably for the price you could sell the Radions for. Or a couple ReeFi uno 2.0s if you want PAR monsters.
+1 You could probably replace those with 2x Reefi Uno 2.0 without much of a difference in cash spent on your end. And you'd have way more PAR than you could ever need.

How can we check if the Par meter is accurate? Compare with another unit side by side? Has anyone else questioned low readings from the same meter? Just trying to rule the meter out since a few years back they did have issues with certain models and fixed them for free. Wondering if anyone else may have heard about this and checked the serial numbers to make sure knowing our club I’m sure do diligence was done.
These are the ones affected for the 510 but there were several other models also affected..
MQ-510 S/N 1001-1109
Just tossing that out there those are some low numbers thanks for starting the thread hopefully you can figure whats up since those lights are extremely popular!
Have you reached out to the manufacturer to troubleshoot?

How can we check if the Par meter is accurate? Compare with another unit side by side? Has anyone else questioned low readings from the same meter? Just trying to rule the meter out since a few years back they did have issues with certain models and fixed them for free. Wondering if anyone else may have heard about this and checked the serial numbers to make sure knowing our club I’m sure do diligence was done.
These are the ones affected for the 510 but there were several other models also affected..
MQ-510 S/N 1001-1109
Just tossing that out there those are some low numbers thanks for starting the thread hopefully you can figure whats up since those lights are extremely popular!
Have you reached out to the manufacturer to troubleshoot?
Serials of our units are
SN 2792
SN 1866
SN 2881
SN 1553

I don't think we've gotten any sort of standard for them, but I've personally used 3 different ones under the same old light and got numbers within the same range (anecdotal).

@TwinsReef posted an update video too:

Wondering what other people think for acclimation period, I tend to do 45-60 days for no arbitrary reason when bringing something in from a low PAR situation.

Definitely check out those Quanta bars if you want to supplement. They're much cheaper than Blades and give a better spectrum.

Serials of our units are
SN 2792
SN 1866
SN 2881
SN 1553

I don't think we've gotten any sort of standard for them, but I've personally used 3 different ones under the same old light and got numbers within the same range (anecdotal).

@TwinsReef posted an update video too:

Wondering what other people think for acclimation period, I tend to do 45-60 days for no arbitrary reason when bringing something in from a low PAR situation.

Definitely check out those Quanta bars if you want to supplement. They're much cheaper than Blades and give a better spectrum.
Nice someone found me on YouTube
I trust the par reader. After finding other forums and plp in the comments mentioning how the reading have a low par output. I definitely trust the readings I got.

Nice someone found me on YouTube
I trust the par reader. After finding other forums and plp in the comments mentioning how the reading have a low par output. I definitely trust the readings I got.
Thanks for the club shout out!

@Hella_Salty650 we can do another social thread sometime to list everyone's reef related channels and pump up the subscriber counts for members.

Back