Jestersix

Forgot the name of this coral

So this coral is supposed to be greener but its kinda tan right now. it has some big poylps. and it grows like a tree.
DSCF1691.jpg

DSCF1690.jpg

Thanks

nudibranch said:
It looks like Branching Galaxea.

No such thing, it's not truly a Galaxea spp.... it's a Archohelia horrescens... some call it a branching galaxea as a common name.

If you google galaxea horrescens then it will pop up but if u try googling archohelia horrescens it doesn't show. It's pretty cool and I guess deadly towards other corals. It has sweepers when bigger that can reach far away from the coral. I have moved it's spot to less light and flow. It is also isolated now. So when I get back from vacation and it's bigger I'll put some on the dbtc and I'll post everything I read to make sure people know it's not a friendly coral lol.

Mr. Ugly said:
I saw it at Jim's house. We just called it "Gresham's coral" or "that coral from Gresham" or something like that :D

:lol: I think he calls a few that :lol:

I really should get at least some frags from my corals... one of these days :)

I wasn't referring to the name as o it must be true. But a quick search to find out what this coral requirements are and not knowing Jen veron, I go to a site that helps most of the time. And not having the coral guru book at hand kinda use what means I can.

slim_jim989 said:
If you google galaxea horrescens then it will pop up but if u try googling archohelia horrescens it doesn't show. It's pretty cool and I guess deadly towards other corals. It has sweepers when bigger that can reach far away from the coral. I have moved it's spot to less light and flow. It is also isolated now. So when I get back from vacation and it's bigger I'll put some on the dbtc and I'll post everything I read to make sure people know it's not a friendly coral lol.

OMG you just made me spit my OJ all over my keyboard. Google said it, it must be true :lol: :lol:

We have two in the DBTC all ready :) I think one was named Battlestar or something like that.

Back