Frag Plugs?

Discussion in 'Propagation' started by Dyngoe, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Dyngoe

Dyngoe Guest

Hey All,

Anyone know where to get some nice frag plugs? Gresham had some that were real nice, but I don't know if those were for sale or personal use.

D

2. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

I have more :)

3. Dyngoe

Dyngoe Guest

Hey Gresh,

I sent a PM. I definitely need some more.

4. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

the filter guys also sells them in good amounts =)

5. CitS

CitS Guest

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=1972.msg19602#msg19602 date=1177603729]
    I have more :)
    [/quote]

Are those the cool plastic ones?

6. xinumaster

xinumaster Guest

[quote author=kinetic link=topic=1972.msg19620#msg19620 date=1177647918]
    the filter guys also sells them in good amounts =)
    [/quote]

whose the filter guy?

7. tonggao

tonggao Guest

Perry, I think Art is referring to this: http://www.thefilterguys.biz/frag_supplies.htm

8. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

I will be in Oakland/Alemeda tomorrow and I have probably another 200 (maybe less) plastic ones left. PM me for my phone number and we can arrange where to meet. There is a slight chance I can not make make it, just slight though.

9. Qwiv

Qwiv Guest

Gresh, I'd like to get some of yours as well.
    Can you PM me on RC?

10. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

I'll be at the BA-CFM this sunday if anyone wants any of these plugs :) I'll bring what I have left!

11. Dyngoe

Dyngoe Guest

Hey Gresham,

I might meet you there before it starts if that's OK. I assume you'll be there setting up. I didn't get a ticket since I thought I'd be out riding, so I can meet you outside. Thanks for following up on this. I'm sure you've been busy.

D

12. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

email me at gresham@reefnutrition.com and we'll work out how to get these to you :)

13. jhale

jhale Guest

I know this is not an elegant looking frag plug, but I have been using plastic screw anchors and drilled holes in a 1/2" sheet of acrylic to hold them. once the frags have encrusted the frag recipient may trim the plastic down and super glue the plug to the rock. in a few weeks if all goes well you will not see any sign of the plastic.

I was using the ceramic plugs from the filter guys for a while. then I saw a local store using the anchors, I thought wow, that will save a lot of money and you can color code them :D

14. Dyngoe

Dyngoe Guest

What kind(size) of anchors are you using? I thought about that as well, but couldn't find the "large" size.

15. jhale

jhale Guest

I'm not sure of the size, I found them in boxes at lowes, the blue and green colored ones were a good size.

edit: I did a search, this is the size I was using, the link to ebay is for 20K of them. that should last a little while hehe.

ebay

ok I can't get the link to work, but they are #12-16 plastic screw anchors

16. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Wanna bring back some of the Coral Cradles Jon? I'll send you home with a bunch if so :)

17. Dyngoe

Dyngoe Guest

Hey Gresham,

Are those "cradles" the plugs I've been longing for? Whenever you get your hands on those again I'll by some off you.

18. jhale

jhale Guest

yes, i'd love some of the cradles :)
    i'll bring some up to Jason at GA to try out also

19. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Dyngoe you going to this swap? I got you coverred if so.

20. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

If all goes well, I will have a bunch of Cradles at the BAR swap at a really good price.