Jestersix

Gablami's Reefer 525 Build

Lol, fishy.
729d9a65f37fc11a0a27b47ce61a6071.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If @robert4025 has some advice about your ap700 settings, I would listen very closely, he's got those things dialed in insanely precise. I love his display tank at the store that is running just off one ap700. One of the sweetest reef tanks I've ever seen.

If @robert4025 has some advice about your ap700 settings, I would listen very closely, he's got those things dialed in insanely precise. I love his display tank at the store that is running just off one ap700. One of the sweetest reef tanks I've ever seen.
Yeah I love that tank. Who do you think convinced me to walk away with two AP700s? He brought me to the tank and said "wassup" and crossed his arms. Love the light (now that the app is better).

Been thinking about this all day and doing research. I think I'm overdosing this tank with zeovit pohls xtra. I keep adding more hoping for more color, but im mistaking darkened or browning of SPS for pale SPS. So I'm going to cut back on the xtra, and I'm also going to cut back on the flow through my zeovit reactor. My nitrate is still undetectable and I want to see a little bit. Let's see if this helps :)

Your lighting cycle seems to be fine. I was a bit concern that you may have ran too much Actinic for too long but based on the graph, nothing really jumps out to confirm that. So there's really only one reason left...water chemistry. Remember what I said couple months ago? Your tank is still relatively too new to put it on Zeo. What I am suspecting is an overdosing of some sort of elements. I made similar mistake like that all the time with Iodide. The SPS would turn pale for weeks. The easier way to know for sure is to do a 50% water change to re-establish your NSW level baseline and let the coral recover for a little bit and restart Zeo later when the system mature a little bit more.

Your lighting cycle seems to be fine. I was a bit concern that you may have ran too much Actinic for too long but based on the graph, nothing really jumps out to confirm that. So there's really only one reason left...water chemistry. Remember what I said couple months ago? Your tank is still relatively too new to put it on Zeo. What I am suspecting is an overdosing of some sort of elements. I made similar mistake like that all the time with Iodide. The SPS would turn pale for weeks. The easier way to know for sure is to do a 50% water change to re-establish your NSW level baseline and let the coral recover for a little bit and restart Zeo later when the system mature a little bit more.
I immediately thought of the zeovit too. I think it's probably working a little too good.

Also, why are you trying to get to 50%? It's just a number. If your coral are happy why change it?

Yes I think I'm overdosed on some zeo elements. They say 1ml per 25g daily but then when I look at forums people are dosing only a couple times a week etc. tanks of the quarter...drool.

I'm going to be changing out 40g of NSW over the next 12 days for TTM so I think that'll help. Will put the NSW into DT and use DT water for TTM.

I immediately thought of the zeovit too. I think it's probably working a little too good.

Also, why are you trying to get to 50%? It's just a number. If your coral are happy why change it?
I guess it's more a PAR issue. Would like to get my SPS zone between 200-300 PAR. Not because I have any experience, just because that's what I've read SPS do best at in terms of coloration and growth etc. they are encrusting...and there is some slow growth. We'll see. I'll move the lights real slow.

It's just based on experience. I've always noticed drastic improvement in all the corals on virtually every single tanks in the shop whenever I do that. Often time, I needed quick result to study the different effects of different environment or parameter so the quickest way to reset the baseline was a 50% WC. After a while, the corals got used to it and didn't seems to mind it anymore...lol. I can usually see the stark improvement in their health after three days of the WC.

I guess it's more a PAR issue. Would like to get my SPS zone between 200-300 PAR. Not because I have any experience, just because that's what I've read SPS do best at in terms of coloration and growth etc. they are encrusting...and there is some slow growth. We'll see. I'll move the lights real slow.

Be careful. 200 PAR is a lot for corals under the AP700. Especially if you just got them. That level of PAR should only be for super established system. That's definitely not yours...lol. FYI...all the SPS you've been purchasing from me never see PAR above 150 the AP700.

This morning my circuit breaker tripped and I woke up a blacked out tank. The rest of the house was fine. Fortunately it happened around 5:50a, so it wasn't out long, and my battery backup on the mp40s worked as expected.

I've got two eb8, one older one newer generation. Each plugged into a different gfci protected wall receptacle. Both are on a single 20a gfci circuit breaker. None of the other breakers tripped. My apex says that the system is pulling about 6amps currently and both heaters are running.

My gfci wall outlets did not trip. I don't think the breaker is overloaded, and since the two wall outlets didn't trip gfci, I'm assuming that I'm not leaking current into the tank. Any ideas?

Hmm everything else looked good. My bedside alarm clocks didn't reset. Puzzled...

Hopefully doesn't happen again.

To clarify : It was the main circuit breaker, not the GFCI breaker. Right?

Priority 1: Very carefully look at all your plugs for salt creep or moisture.
It could be a real short.

The usual cause of a surprise circuit breaker trip is large inrush current.
Those DC power supplies on LED lights, DC pumps, and especially BATTERY BACKUPS can have huge (40+ amp each huge) inrush current.
Only for a short period, so sounds far worse than it is, but it can trip breakers with enough of them.

If you want to test it, you can flip the main house breaker on/off a few times.
Or put everything big on a single heavy duty power strip, and click that on and off.

I would be tempted to put the battery backup on a different circuit, but that is not always so easy.

Thanks for the tips guys. Yep it was the main circuit breaker not the gfci.

I think I figured it out. My tank transfer is on the other side of the room and the airstone was causing condensation on the lid which caused some dripping outside the tank. My power strip was on the ground beneath the table and I think it got some splatter, tripping the gfci. If it happens again mark I'll follow your advice.

Back